Samsung SDSA is searching for a Sr. Network Engineer who will design, support, maintain, and evaluates computer networking systems in a fast-paced manufacturing facility. This person will be responsible for researching, evaluating, implementing and support new networking technologies and stay current regarding new HW & SW products to enhance systems. The internal title for this role will be Network Services.
- Conform to corporate change-control and security policies.
- Maintain outstanding LAN/Data center/ Wireless/firewalls/load balancers design & installation docs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve critical incidents within defined SLA.
- Document projects including scope, costs, schedule, testing and terms of delivery to ensure project is completed with the highest level of quality, on time and within budget
- Will participate in an on-call/standby rotation and is expected to respond after hours for service restoration, troubleshooting and/or repair of all necessary equipment
- Ability to work well within a team, provide technical guidance/mentor other team members, and network documentation proficiency.
- Test and validate all new hardware, software and connections for proper configuration and performance.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all networking equipment, including software upgrade, equipment upgrades and assist with such maintenance.
- Responsible for establishing, developing and adherence to standard operating procedure and check lists.
- Work independently with minimal guidance on complex issues and projects, and provide release plan peer verification.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and communications skills at all organizations levels.
- Advance network and system security experience required.
- Ability to conduct wireless site survey to provide adequate wireless coverage for business operations in manufacturing facility and office area.
- Maintains services and monitoring systems running on Linux & Microsoft servers.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Current CCNP certification Required
- 10+years of experience designing, implementing and supporting network infrastructure in complex environments.
- Understanding of and ability to deploy Spine-and-Leaf architectures, underlay/overlay concepts, VXLAN EVPN Fabric.
- Experience with Cisco Catalyst and Nexus product line.
- Advanced knowledge of EIGRP, STP, BGP, VPC, mLACP, MLag,VRF,IPv4 subnetting, VSS, IGMP, PIM, Anycast-RP, MSDP, 802.1x, EAP-TLS, PEAP-MSCHAPv2, TACACS+, SYSLOG, Cisco IOS, Cisco NX-OS, Cisco EVPN.
- Hands on experience with Cisco Wireless LAN controller, ISE, Cisco access points.
- Experience with Cisco ASAs, Palo Alto firewalls
- Expertise on design, build and support of network infrastructure.
- Experience managing complex technical projects with minimal guidance.
- Strong sense of responsibility and be driven to finish mission.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, 401k, Paid Time Off (PTO)