Taos is immediately hiring a Sr. Network Engineer
to work for Taos. This is a full-time permanent fully remote role offering a competitive salary and full benefits package!Who you are:
The Sr. Network Engineer will have responsibility and ownership operations, design, and continuous improvement for the LAN, WAN, Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco environment and related hosted services. The role will work with the department of IT Operations, IT Risk and Compliance, and the Director of IT to identify stakeholder requirements and match them to best practices in technology, governance, risk management and compliance. The role will be responsible for all escalations from the on-call process regarding these matters.
What you'll be doing:
- You'll be the SME on a range of products and their functions in our enterprise:
- Cisco command and hardware knowledge - IOS, NX-OS
- Palo Alto Firewall rules and routing
- VPLS, OSPF, Spanning Tree, and BGP
- VPN routers, endpoints and clients
- Network switch and router management in a heterogenous environment
- Wi-Fi management and operations
- Ability to effectively respond, isolate, troubleshoot and resolve operational issues
- Network security devices and practices; SIEM, NIDS, NAC, etc...
- Facilities support devices (door reader and security camera infrastructure)
- ISP vendor management
- Wide Area Network services, carriers and devices
- Local Area Network services, carriers and devices
- Cloud PaaS, IaaS, SaaS networking and security
- Cloud Networking, primarily Microsoft Azure (load balancers, VPC, etc)
- Ability to deliver in a highly agile, fast paced environment
- Client communication for establishing VPN site-to-site connections
- Ability to response to late shift incidents
- Ability to work evenings as needed for maintenance
- Ability to travel occasionally
What you'll bring with you:
Who is Taos?
- 5+ years of experience in network engineering and operations
- Extensive experience with Palo Alto Network
- Operations experience resolving network issues & outages, addressing network help tickets
- Some experience with Windows infrastructure preferred but not required
- Experience with SIEM, NIDS and relevant audit controls
- Experience with cloud platforms; PaaS, IaaS, SaaS. VPC, direct connect, routing and security
- Experience with enterprise IPAM solutions
- Focus on Cisco environment coupled with Palo Alto firewalls and a broad range of experience with network equipment vendors
- BA/BS degree encouraged; equivalent experience accepted
- Strong just-in-time learning skills
- Inquisitive mindset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Stakeholder-experience focused attitude
Taos helps today's enterprises and rapidly growing businesses harness the power of the cloud and DevOps with digital transformation and optimization solutions. From Executive Leadership to our delivery teams, Taos listens, understands, and delivers best-in-class work. Our deep technical expertise and solutions-driven approach help address our client's biggest business challenges and opportunities. As a Global Leader of Cloud and DevOps, Taos continues to solve What's Next. Referrals:
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to or Contact Us and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.Compensation:
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!How to apply:
If you're interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to .
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!E-Verify Participant:
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/ and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.