Our client has an exciting opening for a Sr. Network Engineer to join their team in Walnut Creek, CA. If you re interested, please send an updated resume!
Title: Sr. Network Engineer
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Type: 6 months + potential contract to hire
- Establishes networking environment by installing, configuring, testing and documenting the equipment/network systems according to the design and specifications.
- Leads the performance of day-to-day networking tasks to ensure network reliability, availability and serviceability within minimal interruption.
- Provides technical support, responds to work orders and tickets from the users, analyzes and solves reported network problems.
- Leads in the configuration of firewall security settings to access permissions groups for individuals and sets up provisions for incoming data.
- Leads network technology upgrade or expansion projects, including installation of hardware, software and integration testing, as well as coordinating these activities without disturbing function of other systems.
- Leads in the development and production of complex documentation for installation, network topology, and troubleshooting of communications hardware or software.
does not expect someone will know all the items but has worked with something similar.
To provide escalated Level 3 IT support and to involve in IT infrastructure architecture design activities. As the senior level engineer to administer, maintain, support, and troubleshoot production environment such as:
- Office 365 including email, Skype for business (Team), OneDrive, and others
- On-Premise Exchange 2010, 2016, and SMTP servers
- Mimecast mail security
- Cylance and Symantec anti-virus
- Cisco OpenDNS
- Palo Alto Network Security Firewall Appliances
- Windows Update Services Server
- All aspects of Windows Active Directory
- Group Policy Objects
- MS SQL servers
- Public and private PKI
- MS Remote Desktop Service
- MS DirectAccess
- Windows Application Proxy
- MS ADFS
- VMware/vCenter 6.0
- Druva Insync and Phoenix backup system
- Cisco Routers/switches
- Meraki switches
- Ubiquity Unifi switches and Client
- SilverPeak SD-WAN appliances
- IPsec VPN tunnels
- DHCP, DNS
- Desktop/Laptop Imaging