Sr. Network Engineer - Reading, PA 19611
My client, a healthcare company in Reading, PA is in need of a senior level Network Engineer for a contract to hire opportunity. JOB SUMMARY
- The Sr. Network Engineer is responsible for project leadership and a technical capacity for the design/engineering, operation, security and maintenance of the enterprise LAN/WAN/MAN/WLAN network including day-to-day and long-term analysis and support for routers, switches, wireless, firewalls, VPN concentrators, intrusion detection systems, proxy servers and other network equipment.
- Works closely with others within Network Infrastructure and will provide third-tier technical support to various departments and users with regard to the network and/or security infrastructure.
- The Sr. Network Engineer has a holistic understanding of IT operations within an organization both from an IT and non-IT perspective.
- Serves as a liaison with vendors and other third-party providers.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal skills.
- Assists management with budgeting and planning.
- Maintains awareness of new/alternate technologies and presents those of potential value to management for consideration.
- Assumes responsibility for group management if Network Manager is not available and so delegated by the Network Manager.
Properly design network and network additions for optimal performance and reliability. Perform installations in timely manner with little impact to users.
Provide maintenance and support of all network items. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) The design, installation, and maintenance of the MAN/WAN infrastructure
(2) The design, installation, and maintenance of the core network (routing, switching, firewall)
(3) The design, installation, and maintenance of the wireless infrastructure, site survey tools, debugging tools
(4) The design, installation and maintenance of security requirements needed to protect the network
(5) The design, installation, and maintenance of a VoIP infrastructure
(6) The design, installation, and maintenance of Internet-based networking, such as multivendor VPNs, firewalls