The Senior Network Security Engineer will collaborates with the Security Analysts to plan, coordinate, and monitor security activities within IT infrastructure, Azure DR Cloud, network operations, application development and new technology implementations. Ensures the credit union meets current and future security needs and regulatory compliance. This position works with all IT teams, business units and vendors.
- Responsible for network and systems security including but not limited to; firewalls, routers, IPS, HIDS, virus and malware protection, mobile device management and provides general council to vendors and staff.
- Establishes and maintains monitoring frameworks and toolsets with dashboards, metrics, and reports across all infrastructure and security areas.
- Collaborates with Security Analysts to audit security settings on all the network systems and appliances including but not limited to firewalls, routers, IPS, HIDS, virus and malware protection, mobile device management and provides general council to vendors and staff.
- Responsible for auditing system backups, configurations, applications, telecom and network data including site backup to support published retention policy and disaster recovery.
- Validates network application versions are current and user rights and access for all the network appliances.
- Works with Security Analysts and vendors, completes and documents annual security risk assessments.
- Works with the Development Team, tests and mitigates security weaknesses in software applications and interfaces.
- Upgrades security protocols.
- Provides guidance and support to staff responsible for adherence with patch management policies and procedures.
- Investigates security incidents and vulnerabilities. May facilitate incident reporting, forensic investigations and incident communication.
- Responsible for auditing successful backups of system configurations, applications, telecom and network data including site backup to support published retention policy and disaster recovery.
- Audits inventory for accuracy and completeness.
- Evaluates new technologies and processes that improve the overall security of the infrastructure.
- Evaluates known and emerging security risks.
- Generates a monthly status report of security initiatives, risks, vulnerabilities and findings.
- May define and maintain network security policies.
- Complete required BSA & OFAC training annually.
- Understand and adhere to BSA and OFAC policy and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or like degree.
- 8+ working in IT department with technology infrastructure, network and security responsibilities.
- Experience establishing effective operations, standardization efforts, and appropriate toolsets with automation and orchestration that will transform much of IT security operations and monitoring in all core areas
- Experience with agile principles and practices in Infrastructure & Operations, preferably supporting DevOps and application development teams.
- Experience in implementing, securing and monitoring hybrid Azure Cloud deployments, with Strong skill sets, and knowledge with practices and procedures to accommodate hybrid IT operations.
- Knowledge of computer forensic tools, data loss prevention methods, and disaster recovery methods.
- Expertise in establishing strong governance with effective processes, procedures, utilizing key IT service management (ITSM) techniques, policies, along with establishing SLA's, KPls and other key operational metrics.
- Expertise in change, problem and incident management with close focus on minimizing business impact with proven clients/customers management experience.
- Excellent people management skills, collaboration, relationship and stakeholder management skills required.
- Knowledge of ISO 27001 Security Governance
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively at C level and with Board of Directors.
- Requires excellent writing skills to support document project plans, procedures, policies and general staff, management and member communication
- Excellent listening and speaking skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Network engineer certifications such as CCNP Security (Cisco Certified Network Professional Security), CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker), CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), and GIAC Security Certifications.
The position demands maturity, flexibility, prior banking experience and someone ready to contribute at a high level -- and the rewards come with it.
- Fully paid health insurance premiums
- Quality medical, dental and vision care coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contributions
- Strong commitment to investing in your career and educational advancement by offering up to 100% tuition reimbursement for approved courses
- Incentive plan
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Flexible spending accounts
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Provident membership
- Rate discount on home and auto loans
- In-house training
- And much more!
Provident is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are a winner of the Bay Area News Group Top Workplace in 2017, 2018 & 2019. Check us out on Glassdoor