Schwab Charitable Technologies provides the technology capabilities for Schwab Charitable, an independent public charity created to help increase charitable giving in the United States by offering the flexible giving solution of a donor-advised fund account. Schwab Charitable operates as an independent charity but is closely affiliated with and enjoys the support of Charles Schwab & Co, including contractual agreements to provide a variety of services including technology. This position will be an employee of Charles Schwab & Co. and will be subject to its human resources and risk policies and procedures. What you are good at
Schwab Charitable Technologies is looking for a seasoned Sr. Operations Support Lead Engineer with a passion and deep understanding of the application support world. The Schwab Charitable (SCT) Team champions innovative and scalable technology solutions to deliver a superior client experience. You'll be part of a highly capable and motivated team working on solving application integration and related issues, proactively addressing scalability, availability, and performance tuning efforts on an industry leading platform. Proactive application monitoring, health checks and working with Splunk are also required for day-to-day operational needs. On-call work is required for key deployments and/or production support needs. Collaboration and on-going cross-training with other team members will be key for efficiency and sharing of workload and application knowledge.
What you have
- Provide leadership to Operations Support personnel located both onshore and offshore. Drive investigation and resolution of application and environmental issues reported by our end users and business partners
- Provide recommendations and improvements to prevent production incidents from re-occurring.
- Participate in key incident reviews / production issues calls to investigate and restore key application issues, outages or major impacts from related domains and perform root cause analysis as needed.
- Configure and monitor new alerts, as needed, to prevent production issues from affecting application availability.
- Proactively monitor and continually seek for on-going improvements for our applications and environments.
- Create dashboards to publish alerts or proactively identify issues raised after key releases to keep all applications and back-end processes performing optimally.
- Write documentation and collaborate with technical peers. Update and/or author new documents to share with the others in the Ops team.
- Understands Operational needs and key processes to ensure application availability and stability continue to improve.
- Mentor and coach team members.
- Conduct weekly calls with business to provide updates on all open issues (JIRA tickets).
Colorado CompensationTarget Total Compensation - $110,000 - $201,600Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.Why work for us?
- 7+ years overall IT experience.
- Experience supporting applications and hosting environments.
- Experience supporting Angular/Java and/or .NET applications.
- Experience working with API and REST technologies
- Hands on experience in tools like WebSphere application servers, Splunk, Toad, etc. is desirable.
- Working knowledge and understanding of security tools like Veracode and AppScan.
- Knowledgeable of Oracle and Mongo Databases.
- SQL knowledge.
- Strong working knowledge of Unix/Linux scripting and other open-source tools and related testing/ troubleshooting methodologies.
- General Cloud experience is a plus.
- Exposure to automation efforts of several aspects of software development; for example: automate build process upon code check-in, automate deployment, and configuring artifacts repository (i.e., experience setting up a continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline using tools like Jenkins or Bamboo) is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills to successfully build long-term relationships with colleagues and business partners.
- Able to speak with confidence and under pressure during technical troubleshooting calls to resolve and restore production issues; able to articulate key topics to different audience levels.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated ability to solve problems.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Willingness to work flexible / odd hours (as needed).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar field.
- Experience in financial services and bank/ lending environments preferable.
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.