W2 ONLY. MUST BE VISA/OPT/CPT INDEPENDENT.
Provide database/application administration and support for the Information Management Analytical Service responsible for data integration, data warehouse and business intelligence including enterprise reporting, predictive analytics, data mining and self service solutions. Work with various teams to provide database/application administration, job scheduling/execution and code deployment support.
- Provide database support as part of a team for Big Data tools.
- Perform maintenance tasks, performance tuning, monitoring as well as developer support.
- Provide administrative support for the application tool set required to code, test and troubleshoot applications for new development and on-going support.
- Perform application administration, job scheduling/execution and code deployment.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation responsible for enterprise job scheduler activities, which often includes assisting various teams with troubleshooting code, connection and data integrity issues.
- Follow documented ITIL processes to complete incidents, requests and other tasks utilizing a service management system.
- Create and/or update technical documentation related to team activities as needed.
- Installation, upgrade and configuration of application tool set.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 8 – 10+ years work experience in IT
- 7+ years IT experience working in the USA
- Experience supporting Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Experience administering Vertica, Impala, and/or PostgreSQL.
- Experience with installing and configuring commercial applications at the OS level.
- Experience with scripting in Linux and Windows.
- Operating systems including Unix, Linux, or CentOS and Windows
- Experience supporting reporting tools such as SAP Business Objects, Tableau, or Power BI.
- Experience with enterprise scheduling tools such as Tidal or AutoSys, etc.
- Experience supporting ETL tools such as Informatica, Talend, Trifacta, Pentaho, or SSIS.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment
- Ability to be flexible when needed, take initiative and demonstrate accountability.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.