Sr. Oracle DBA
Winston Salem, NC
Position Summary Statement:
The Sr. Database Administrator - Oracle is responsible for the successful and smooth operation of Oracle e-Business Suite, Oracle Databases, Oracle custom build applications on WebLogic Servers (Fusion Middleware), as well as other non-Oracle Application databases. Duties include, but are not limited to, database server installations, Oracle Apps and Middleware technology product installations and management, schema updates, data migrations, tech upgrades, patches, user maintenance, troubleshooting, backup management, performance tuning, table space management, data recovery, and disaster recovery planning. The Sr. Database Administrator Oracle will utilize effective communication, technical proficiency, application maintenance ownership, and the ability to work successfully with other business and technology personnel, and internal customers, to provide responsive support and maintenance for Herbalife s Oracle platform based applications.
- Provide shift and non-shift support for Oracle e-Business Suite; Oracle production, test and development instances; and Oracle Fusion Middleware tech stack and infrastructure (including: ADF based applications).
- Manage and architect the Oracle SOA Web Services tier.
- Meet service level agreements for production support response and resolution.
- Troubleshoot and tune Oracle e-Business and Non-ERP Oracle Databases and contribute to technical performance analyses and enhancements.
- Utilize Change Management controls to implement code changes in Production and non-Production instances.
- Apply core database skills to maintain key processes (e.g. archiving, monitoring, replication, integrity and security).
- Implement and test disaster recovery plans.
- Maintain health and compliance of primary production systems (conduct analysis and apply Security Patches periodically)
- Work on provisioning users and management of tools (e.g. Identity Management and Single Sign-On (SSO).
- Adhere to standards related to documentation, software development methodology,version control testing, and migration.
- Contribute to a cooperative environment that fosters knowledge sharing
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced technical skill with Oracle RAC (11g, 12c) architecture, backup and recovery, database cloning, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle e-Business Suite 11i/R12, Grid, LINUX 6.0 Red Hat AS or beyond
- Thorough knowledge of backup and restore procedures from tape and disk media
- Strong knowledge of Oracle ERP and Non-ERP database administration tasks (e.g. upgrades, patches, user maintenance, troubleshooting, backup management, performance tuning, table space management, data recovery, and disaster recovery planning)
- Administration of middleware technology products (e.g. SOA, BPEL, Application servers)
- Advanced understanding of relational databases (including tables, views, indexes, functions, and replication)
- Strong Unix/Linux shell scripting skills
- Database design (logical and physical)
- Achieves results under limited direction
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, competing, high-priority projects with varying deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels with sensitivity to cultural diversity
- 5 years experience as a 24x7 Database Administrator
- 4 years experience working with Oracle Apps
- 4 years experience supporting large enterprise-wide databases (500 GB minimum)
- 4 years experience with Oracle 11g/12c RAC and 11g/12c Grid architecture
- 3 years hands-on experience with middleware technology products (e.g. SOA, BPEL, App Servers)
- Experience managing large Oracle RAC based environments
- Strong hands-on experience working with LINUX 4.0 Red Hat AS or beyond
- Strong experience working with Shell scripts and SAN products like Clarion and Symetrix
- Solid hands-on experience working with at least 2 Oracle technology stack products like SOA, SSO with OID, Portal, etc.
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or a field related.
- Any Certification from Oracle
For immediate consideration, kindly send a copy of your updated resume with contact number ASAP or Please feel free to reach out Nate Bala at 832-485-3652 in case if you have any questions.
ObjectWin Technology, Inc. is a rapidly growing Twenty year old Houston, TX headquartered corporation and specialized solution provider in the ERP, CRM, Web technologies and Systems Integration areas. We take great pride in hiring and retaining the highest caliber of technical talent. ObjectWin is expanding rapidly and we have been selected as 2009 Deloitte Technology Fast50 Texas company. We are looking for talented individuals with drive to carry us into the next phase of growth and beyond.
Note: ObjectWin Technology, Inc. is an Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.