Hope you are doing good,
Perl App Developer
Location : Fairfax,VA
We are a team of highly collaborative people, that are fully invested in the work we do and in our company. We care deeply about the quality of our work and the environment we do it in. We value both learning and teaching, as we explore new technologies to expand our custom applications. We are happy to teach Perl to someone who has intermediate to expert level experience in another similar language.
The successful candidate will be one who enjoys a team environment filled with intentional collaboration and enjoys the challenge of diving into legacy code to adapt and extend, bending it to your will. Additionally, this candidate will be excited about teaching and mentoring more junior teammates and willing and eager to learn.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Develop command line and web applications, as well as various third party integrations that are designed with scalability and secure coding (OWASP) practices in mind.
● Maintain and improve existing backend application systems in support of order acquisition, order fulfillment and monetary capture processes.
● Implement and enhance existing integration application infrastructure for internal and third party use.
● Develop tests, predict areas of risk, and coordinate with our QA staff to deliver solid, dependable code.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
● 3-6 years professional programming experience with Perl 5 &/or similar language (Ruby, Python, PHP).
● 3+ years professional experience working with relational databases (SQL).
● General experience with MVC design pattern use in your custom application (no CMS reliance) or web service.
● Experience with creation of REST-based APIs and web services.
● Ability to comply with mandatory fun.
● Linux or UNIX command-line experience.
● Ability to break down business needs into small, well-defined, actionable projects.
● Skilled in juggling multiple, shifting priorities during our busy e-commerce season, when we shift from Scrum to Kanban.
● Excellent English-language communication skills both written and oral.
● Intermediate+ level experience with at least 1 language other than Perl.
● Experience with Agile software development practices (e.g. Scrum, Lean/Kanban)
● Experience with RabbitMQ or other message queueing systems.
● Experience with Modern Perl, Perl Best Practices and PerlCritic.
● Experience with Perl Template Toolkit or similar templating system.
● Experience developing automated functional and performance testing suites.
● E-commerce experience.
● Published and/or contributed to CPAN, GitHub, Google Code, or similar Open Source repositories.