Please send resume to if you are interested in this Sr. PHP Developer / Director of IT position in Boston, MA (02110). This is a full-time position including lucrative salary + bonus + top shelf benefits. We are an established yet growing company and offer perks such as Grade A office space, swimming pool, sprint bonuses, pet friendly with a full suite of benefits + more. The ideal candidate for the Sr. PHP Developer / Director of IT will be hands on contributor skilled in Object Oriented PHP, Linux, Cloud (we have AWS, Azure and Google) and ideally some security or previous management experience, though not required.
This position will report to our CTO and will provide senior leadership over all thing’s technology. This includes overseeing technology best practices, organizational IT, and hands-on development. A passion for cybersecurity (SOC2/PCI) is a huge plus!
This role will be responsible for assisting the CTO in all manners of technical team operations and management. We are rapidly growing company and the sky’s not the limit when it comes to future growth opportunities for the right candidate in this role.
**This is a hands-on development role. Please do not apply if you are not a PHP developer.
- Perform coding assignments as necessary.
- Review code work for accuracy and functionality; be available to assist junior developers.
- Delegate tasks to the development team.
- Able to assess priorities based on business growth and security needs.
Potential Responsibilities (depending on the candidate):
- Lead the company’s cybersecurity program in compliance with SOC2, PCI, and other industry standards. Assure timely renewal of compliance certifications as required by the industry standard and company’s business needs.
- Assess proper implementation of approved security system designs.
- Oversee identity and access management.
- Perform IT Security Risk Assessments and report on ways to minimize threats.
- Controls timely update of all security-related certificates and software patch implementation.
- Monitor security vulnerabilities.
- Review investigations after incidents, conduct impact analysis, and make recommendations for avoiding similar incidents
- Conduct real time analysis and triage if something goes wrong.
- Ensure compliance with changing regulations.
- Ensure that disaster recovery and business continuity plans are in place; perform regular testing.
- Chairs Company Security Committee and oversees proper implementation of Company Information Security Policy, Information Security White Paper, as well as all information security-related policies, SOPs, employment-related regulations and other documents as necessary.
The right candidate will be a strategic thinker, collaborative partner, and strong personnel manager with deep experience in IT and particularly information security aspects. Strong communication and interpersonal skills will be vital for this role.
- Some experience in risk management and information security.
- Knowledge of SOC2 and PCI.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Agile (preferably Scrum) experience.
- Familiarity in injection and other types of vulnerabilities attacks.
- Ability to multitask in a meaningful way and prioritize demands.
- Strong analytical skills.