Qualifications & Requirements:
- Contributes to in-house development team on an enterprise-grade e-commerce solution.
- Uses relevant open-source solutions for PHP, such as Symfony, to develop solutions on OroPlatform, OroCRM and OroCommerce.
- Works with stakeholders and other teams to suggest the best tools and practices for platform scalability, performance, speed, and web accessibility.
- Leverages deep working knowledge of the Oro Stack in solutioning and implementation.
- Ensures that all code produced is highly secure.
- Contributes to feature planning and new development and support.
- Communicates with team members in remote environments and leverage real-time messaging and video tools (Slack, MS Teams, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or related field, with seven years of experience in full-stack development on Oro using Symfony, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Seven years of experience or more in full-stack development on Oro using Symfony.
- Expert knowledge of Symfony framework.
- Expert knowledge of OOP, OOD and automated testing.
- Expert knowledge of PHPUnit, Symfony's Web TestCase, and integration (Behat) testing, implement best Continuous Integration practices (Jenkins, Docker, Google Cloud Platform).
- Strong knowledge of security vulnerability testing and remediation.
- Strong knowledge of PHP.
- Good knowledge of PosgreSQL, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ and Redis.
- Experience in database design.
- Experience with other web MVC frameworks.
- Experience with PHPUnit.
- Basic knowledge of JSON: API and REST.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Self-driven desire to continuously learn new technologies and skills.
- Utilize strong testing practices, including writing automated tests and pushing test-driven development (TDD).
- Professional experience in team environments.
- Hands-on experience with practices, such as continuous integration, planning and code analysis is helpful.
- Experience with CRM and eCommerce systems is helpful.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or