This can be a remote position or office based position. We have offices in Portland, OR, Herndon, VA and Oklahoma City, OK. Senior Manager, Platform Development partners with technical product management and other key business stakeholders to lead the technology direction, facilitate key technical decision points, and deliver products. The position aligns technology to business strategy and proactively drives a technical direction throughout the organization. The Senior Manager will oversee the platform engineering teams responsible for our Learning Management Platform where our full-time students in kindergarten to fifth grade go to school every day.
Supervisory Responsibilities Directly supervises 7 - 12 Full-time Equivalent (FTE) regular employees and/or contractors.Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ability to attract talent, inspire the organization, and develop the next generation of leaders
- Ability to build trusting, meaningful relationships with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including influencing technical decisions and direction, conflict management, negotiation, and presentations
- Full commitment to customer satisfaction
- Identify and drive innovation in products, technologies, processes, and solutions
- Has high standards, results-oriented, pro-active and a commitment to delivering high-quality software on time and in budget
- Leadership skills to include coaching/mentoring, critical thinking, facilitation, change leadership, and team development
- Software development and overall automation including Agile, CI/CD, DevOps, build and test automation, orchestration/fulfillment, assurance, performance
- Relevant experience in large-scale application architecture/design, middleware architecture, integration architecture, application deployment methods, automation, testing, compliance, auditing
- Service-oriented and microservice architecture for highly available cloud-hosted applications and services in AWS
- Understanding of UI/UX principals and best practices
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure environment
- Ability to clearly write technical specifications and strong estimating and planning skills
- Experience with object-oriented design and design patterns
- Solid understanding of source control and using it effectively
- Experience working with offshore and distributed teams
AS Senior Manager, Platform Development , YOU WILL..
- Insert responsibilities here add more li tags if needed
- Partners with technical product management and other key business stakeholders to lead the technology direction, facilitate key technical decision points, and deliver products.
- Interfaces with other engineering groups and enterprise architecture; collaborates on integration projects, best practices, and the introduction of new technologies.
- Commits to roadmaps with capabilities and timelines, with a proven track record for new product and technology evaluation and introduction
- Aligns technology to business strategy, and proactively drives a technical direction throughout the organization
- Adopts a Continuous Integration/Deployment (CI/CD) methodology and institutes a frequent release cadence.
- Manages multiple teams consisting of Software Engineers and Quality Assurance Engineers. Oversees both fulltime and contract resources.
- Leads and mentors engineering team members
- Has an innovation mindset to product development, engineering, and development processes and provide thought leadership and information dissemination in this area