Job Title: Sr. Power BI Developer
Job Type: Consulting
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN
Synechron is a leading digital transformation consulting firm focused on the financial services industry and is working to Accelerate Digital initiatives for banks, asset managers, and insurance companies around the world. Synechron uniquely delivers these firms an end-to-end Digital, Consulting and Technology capabilities with expertise in wholesale banking, wealth management and insurance as well as emerging technologies like Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, and Data Science. Based in New York, the company has 22 offices around the globe, with over 13,000 employees producing over $850M+ in annual revenue. For more information on the company, please visit our website at or our LinkedIn community.
Requirements & Skills
• 5+ years of relevant experience in Power BI.
• Good to have experience in Azure services.
• Hands on experience on DAX functions- Date and Time, Time Intelligence, Logical, Mathematical and Trigonometric, Statistical, Text, Parent-Child Functions
• Proficiency in writing SQL queries and use of Relational Keys, Select Queries, Joins, Data Modelling, Fact and Dimension Table Types, Different Schemas, DDL, DML
• Understanding of Data warehousing DWH concepts.
• Capable of enabling row-level data security
• Knowledge of Power BI application security layer models
• Prior experience in data-related tasks
• Understanding of the Microsoft BI Stack
• Be familiar with MS SQL Server BI Stack tools and technologies, such as SSRS and TSQL, Power Query, MDX, Power BI, Data Modelling
• Analytical thinking for converting data into relevant reports and graphics
• Ability to run DAX queries on Power BI desktop
• Proficient in doing advanced-level computations on the data set
Roles and Responsibilities
• Recognize business requirements in the context of BI and create data models to transform raw data into relevant insights
• Using Power BI, create dashboards and interactive visual reports
• Define key performance indicators (KPIs) with specific objectives and track them regularly
• Analyze data and display it in reports to aid decision-making
• Convert business needs into technical specifications and establish a timetable for job completion
• Create, test, and deploy Power BI scripts, as well as execute efficient deep analysis
• Use Power BI to run DAX queries and functions
• Create charts and data documentation with explanations of algorithms, parameters, models, and relationships
• Construct a data warehouse
• Expertise into SQL queries – use of joins, sub queries
• Make technological adjustments to current BI systems to improve their performance
• For a better understanding of the data, use filters and visualizations
• Analyze current ETL procedures to define and create new systems
Synechron’s Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Diversity & Inclusion are fundamental to our culture, and Synechron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiative ‘Same Difference’ is committed to fostering an inclusive culture – promoting equality, diversity and an environment that is respectful to all. We strongly believe that a diverse workforce helps build stronger, successful businesses as a global company. We empower our global workforce by offering flexible workplace arrangements, mentoring, internal mobility, learning and development programme.
All employment decisions at Synechron are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to the applicant’s gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Thanks & Regards
At Synechron, we believe in the power of digital to transform businesses for the better. Our global consulting firm combines creativity and innovative technology to deliver industry-leading digital solutions. Synechron's progressive technologies and optimization strategies span end-to-end Consulting, Design, Cloud, Data, and Engineering, servicing an array of noteworthy financial services and technology firms. Through research and development initiatives in our Fin Labs we develop solutions for modernization, from Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence to Data Science models, Digital Underwriting, mobile-first applications and more. Over the last 20+ years, our company has been honored with multiple employer awards, recognizing our commitment to our talented teams. With top clients to boast about, Synechron has a global workforce of 14,000+, and has 40 offices in 17 countries within key global markets.