We have the following government roles open for ~1 year contract in Baltimore (Woodlawn), MD possibly going FTE (Full Time Employment).
IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED IN THE "BASIC QUALIFICATIONS" SECTION OF THE ROLE, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY.
Please send your resume in Word format only.
Role title: Sr. Principal Computer System Security Analyst (NS-016/19021002)
Duration: ~1 year contract (possibly going Full Time Employment)
Location: Baltimore, MD
Positions available: 2
Description of Work:
- Provides technical analysis in network security planning, engineering, and design.
- Be the enterprise expert in cross-functional discipline of enterprise network and cyber security infrastructure.
- Provides analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to network security problems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and cyber security hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Intrusion Prevention devices, etc.
- Coordinates third-party maintenance for network and cyber security equipment and troubleshoots problems with department users and department network administrators.
- Evaluates potential networking products, technical solutions, and capacity requirements to meet business needs.
- Validate enterprise-level network security design, newly released equipment software and operating system for vulnerabilities and deficiencies. Makes changes to mitigate the risk.
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Reviews the customer's network security looking for opportunities to enhance security functionality, performance and reliability by utilizing the proven industry best-practices and architectures.
- Provides specifications and detail schematics for unified network architecture of the enterprise.
- Provides daily monitoring/detection of potential performance/throughput issue and develop risk mitigation solutions
- Provide guidance to team members and provide status metrics to Government customer.
- Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
- Become knowledgeable on the Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) technical requirements for CDM program.
- Designs, tests, and implements state-of-the-art secure operating systems, networks, and database products, including design of high level dashboards, using data feeds from different network tools.
- Involved in a wide range of security issues including use of cyber security tools, whitelisting, blacklisting activities.
- May prepare security reports to regulatory agencies.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed:
- 14+ years’ experience with at least 18 years in engineering complex network systems; OR 12 years with Bachelor's, OR 10 years with Master's, OR 7 years with Ph.D.
- Possess a Cisco Certified Internet-working Expert - Security (CCIE – Security); or CCDE credential; or Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE); or Check Point Certified Security Expert (CCSE); or Check Point Managed Security Expert (CCMS).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience performing security functions on network devices, appliances, and security tools.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in General frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in demonstrates the skill and ability to translate security mandates and guidelines such as NIST 800-series into operational functions.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in developing and tailoring reporting from network security tools.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience understanding of whitelisting and blacklisting using network security tools and devices
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance.
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration:
- CCIE/PCNSE/CISSP/CCSE a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Forescout and Fireeye cyber security tools.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Skybox tool.
- Possess CyberArk and access management experience.
- Possess knowledge of Tenible/Nessus, Sourcefire, Stealthwatch, and DBProtect knowledge.
- Prior experience supporting government agencies.
- Understanding of business processes supporting IT programs, networks, and/or cybersecurity programs.
- Understanding of technologies, networking principles, data flows, work flows, IT reporting, etc.
Aspen, CO, 81611Contact