Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Principal Cyber Systems Engineer to be located in Fairfax, Va.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of Cyber Security Infrastructure Management, Monitoring, and Governance concepts, products and implementation methodologies along with system security engineering principles to provide realistic solutions designed to enhance the overall security posture of the system. The candidate is expected to be strong in both technical and soft skills, must be a proven self-starter with the ability to problem-solve, communicate, participate in diverse project teams from a technical perspective, and interface effectively with our internal customers and colleagues.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Analyze and study complex systems
* Gather data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and security requirements
* Ensure coordination and information flow occurs between all projects and program teams
* Monitor system performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future
* Recommend changes to improve systems and security configuration
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related STEM degree field and a minimum of 9 years related experience.
* Experience working with security scanning and monitoring services
* Experience using SPLUNK
* Solid understanding of security tools and services
* Experience defining requirements and recommending design modifications
* Direct experience with Symantec AV, Clam AV, McAfee AV or other AV tool
* Hands on experience with Splunk configuration and deployment
* AWS hands-on experience or certification
* Understanding of firewalls, VPN tunnels and other general networking items
* Experience with direct customer/vendor interaction and presentations
* Experience developing Interface Control Documents (ICD) and CONOPS
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.