At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Sr. Principal EMI/EMC Electrical level 4 Engineer to join our talented team in Azusa, CA. The EMI/EMC Electrical engineer's responsibilities include leading and overseeing EMI processes and operations as well as EMI test and analysis of systems, subsystems, and components.
Successful candidate will be involved in the following:
- Define and implement EMI/EMC requirements to meet specified product performance for all aspects of Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) compliance, including EMI/EMC/EME/ESD/EMP and lightning.
- System level EMC design (system level grounding/isolation design, generate electrical bonding specifications, filtering designs and shielding designs).
- High frequency radiation hazard analysis to personnel and ordnance.
- Develop models for interference coupling mechanisms, shielding integrity, and circuit/cable interface isolation to mitigate and control conducted/radiated emissions and susceptibility stimuli.
- Conduct component and system EMI RE/CE and RS/CS tests.
- Generate EMI control plans, and test guidelines, procedures, reports and waivers.
Bachelor's Degree in a STEM Field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) & 9 years of experience in electrical engineering product development and testing, OR Master's Degree in a STEM field & 7 years of electrical engineering product development and testing experience
Experience in EMI/EMC analysis, testing, and compliance
Experience with lab test equipment including spectrum analyzers, generators, amplifiers, and antennas
Ability to obtain & maintain DoD security clearance (Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship Required) Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in performing radiated and emitted analyses, and working with Mathcad (or equivalent) analytical models for radiated electrical fields.
- Proficient in EMI product qualification or acceptance tests and test techniques.
- Experience in EMI research, development, design, and test of electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks.
- Previous EMI/EMC design and leadership experience
- Thorough working knowledge of MIL-STD's 461/464/704 (or equivalent commercial standards).
- Strong mathematical background and analytical simulation experience
- Strong background in EMI test environment
- Experience with EMI analytical models and analysis
- Proficiency of EMI/EMC testing
- Circuit analysis and troubleshooting
- Active security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.