Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Do you want to work at an international company with endless opportunities for growth and advancement? Are you eager to join a trust-based, globally-connected team, where your contributions will define what's possible?
We are looking for team members who want to solve interesting, complex problems, which protect our nation. Your talents and passion are most important to us. If you don't know a language, program, or platform, we will teach you! Become a part of our enthusiastic teams where we have fun working together and take pride in our contributions to the nation's safety.
We are looking for a qualified Network Engineer to design, perform installation and configuration of network products: switches, routers and firewalls. Installation activities include: initial setup following standard configuration guidelines, security hardening, cabling, labeling, documentation and checkout. Ongoing tasks include: problem resolution, firewall changes, connection additions, moves and changes, monitoring. Specific duties include:
- Provide assistance in all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of existing systems
- Implements a communication system requirements to support distributed functionality of a software engineering environment
- Analyze network characteristics
- Troubleshoots network and system problems
- Must be able and willing to be on-call for some minimal after hours calls.
Position is contingent upon final active SCI clearance and adjudicated poly.Qualifications:Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree with 9 years of network engineering experience; Master's Degree with 7 years of network engineering experience; or an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience in developing networks from design through implementation
- Experience with CISCO IOS or NX-OS
- Experience with network test gear to resolve technical issues at all layers of OSI model
- Experience configuring and maintaining Multicast networking
- Experience configuring routers for EIGRP, OSPF, IP Multicast Protocols
- Experience configuring firewalls
- Ability to obtain a Cyber Security certification
- Active SCI Clearance with adjudicated poly or TS Clearance with ability to obtain SCI access and adjudicated poly prior to start date
- Active SCI Clearance with adjudicated poly
- Current Cyber Security Certification
- Information Assurance experience related to Certification and Accreditation
- System Admin knowledge for Linux or Windows is beneficial
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.