Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
We are currently seeking an experienced Sr. Principal Propulsion Design Engineer
to provide leadership and talent to our Systems and Integration Design
team in our Salt Lake City
(Magna, UT) "Bacchus"
offices. Role description & Responsibilities:
The Design Engineer
is responsible for providing Integration Design Engineering over Rocket Motor Assembly, Igniter Design, Raceway Design, Thrust Vector Control Integration, and Mass Properties. The design engineer will also provide design engineering services on commercial rocket motor assembly projects, perform systems engineering tasks related to interface control on piece part designs, lead multi-discipline design teams, and perform peer reviews. Perform vehicle level integration tasks on pyro and range safety system, avionics integration, electrical cables and connectors, bonded attachments, and bolted designs. Job Duties:
- Prepare 3D NX models, mechanical & assembly drawings, and specifications in accordance with company standards.
- Support mechanical & integration design on Commercial and IR&D Projects.
- Prepare test & instrumentation drawings, test plans, reports, and perform tolerance analysis.
- Prepare trades studies and milestone review presentations.
- Prepare ICD, N2 Interaction matrices and Interface Summary Sheets.
- Prepare requirement specifications and provide verification reporting.
- Perform preliminary structural analysis
- Candidate must have a minimum of 9 years of engineering design experience with BS or 7 years with MS.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledgeable and demonstrated experience with NX modeling
- Systems engineering and integration experience
- Solid modeling experience (NX is preferred)
- Broad understanding of ballistics and grain design
- Strong knowledge of loads and environment analysis
- Structural analysis experience
- Experience with manufacturing processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Drafting and drawing preparation skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering (aerospace, chemical, electrical, mechanical, material sciences engineering, or physics) required with 9 years of experience or MS with 7 years of experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.