Working at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility, and reshaping the world we live in. If you're looking for
challenging work experiences with a bigger purpose and desire to learn in a collaborative environment, we invite you to look for the next step in your career at Northrop Grumman.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is looking to add to our talented team of Embedded Software Engineers. Our engineers are self-starters who are part of a team of software professionals developing world-class software to meet our
customer's high expectations.
The Embedded Software Engineer designs, develops, operates and maintains software and firmware components and computing systems software to be applied to and integrated with engineering, scientific and manufacturing requirements.
Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of engineering applications and products such as laboratory electronic warfare (EW) and Range training and simulation systems. Interfaces with customers, suppliers, application users and other technical and support personnel.
The ideal individual will have experience including the full software development life-cycle, which includes: requirements, design, coding, testing, and integration.
The basic qualification requirements for a Sr. Principal is a Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 9 years of relevant professional work experience OR Master's degree and minimum 7 year of relevant professional work experience
OR 4 years of relevant professional work experience with a PhD.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in CS, CE, ECE or comparable Engineering discipline
- Ability to translate system performance and operational specifications into software requirements, design, and test specifications
- Knowledge in programming embedded software using: C and Object Oriented C++
- Knowledge in operating system concepts for embedded systems
- Ability to test, debug and integrate on embedded systems
- Knowledge in using requirement management, configuration management and change management tools.
Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship with the ability to obtain and maintain Security Clearance.
- Experience programming embedded software such as: C and C++.
- Experience programming application software such as: C#, .Net, Java.
- Experience on complex systems of systems utilizing parallel processing, distributed processing, multi-core, secure processing, Big Data, GP-GPU.
- Experience using RTOS such as: VxWorks, INTEGRITY, PSOS and/or Embedded Linux
- Experience with CMMI Level 3, 4 and/or 5
- Experience in using MATLAB and Simulink
- Experience with tools such as: DOORS, ClearCase, ClearQuest and Rhapsody
- Experience using Model Based Engineering, UML, SysML, OOAD and OOP
- Experience with interfaces such as: 1553, Ethernet, Fiber, USB, Serial and/or PCI-E.
- Experience with Agile and/or Rapid prototyping software methodologies
- Differentiating characteristics included: demonstrated leadership and teamwork capability, interpersonal communication skills and activities (professional/community/extracurricular) and an enthusiastic go getter attitude
- Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. with active Secret or Top-secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.