At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of major technological advancements throughout our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Space Systems Engineering Organization within Aerospace Systems Engineering has an opening for a Senior Principal Space Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in the Space Park Center of Excellence to include Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach and El Segundo CA.
This role will perform thread systems engineering for design and interface requirements. The position requires experience with STK and orbit analysis. Duties include requirements development, verification plans, capability assessments evaluation, non-compliance adjudication, IRD and DR development, cross-program collaboration, and support to lower level development entities including major subcontractors. Strong background in Systems Engineering with emphasis on interface definitions required.
Candidates should have academic and/or work experience in multiple engineering disciplines; mechanical, electrical, RF, control systems, data systems. Working knowledge of design and requirements development tools is helpful. Candidates should also have strong verbal and written communication skills, strong team building skills, and be comfortable working on large teams with talented engineering from other engineering disciplines.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university and 9+ years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment OR
- Master's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university and 7+ years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment OR
- PhD Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university and 4+ years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance
- Master's Degree in Engineering
- Active DoD clearance
- Experience working on military aircraft / spacecraft systems
- Experience in developing, managing, and decomposing requirements
- Experience in system architecture, CONOPs, or model based system engineering
- Experience in subsystem, payload, or system integration
- Experience using DOORS, MBSE (Model Based Systems Engineering)
- Strong People and Technical Leadership Skills
- Excellent communication Skills (upward and downward)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.