At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Put your skills to the test by pushing the boundaries of what's possible. From global defense to sustainment and modernization to mission readiness, your experience and ability will make it a reality. Our programs are built on equal parts of curiosity and collaboration. Our combined effort means our customers can connect and defend millions of people around the world. With Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to be an essential part of projects that will define your career, now and in the future.
We are currently seeking a Systems Security Engineer (Cybersecurity Anti-Tamper) with an active clearance
to work with our talented Advanced Weapons team in Northridge, CA
. The ideal candidate will be supporting one of our Advanced Programs for defining and architecting a secured missile weapon system. This position will require close collaboration with team members of other projects within the organization for security architecture designs as well as external partners and customers. The selected candidate for this position is required to be on-site. Relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available. This position is contingent upon available funding/program award. In this role, the selected candidate will (but not be limited to):
- Analyze customer's concept of operations/employment and cybersecurity/anti-tamper requirements to propose, design, develop, and implement security/protection controls in compliance with government furnished implementation guides
- Analyze existing missile system security architecture, identify and solve potential and actual security problems by architecting an updated system that is resistant to tampering and cyber-attacks using design techniques suggested in government furnished implementation guides
- Implement security improvements/designs by assessing current situation; evaluating industry and Department of Defense (DoD) standards and trends; anticipating requirements
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing publications
- Develop technical documentation/publication to document trades studies, system designs, analysis, and results related to systems security
- Develop standard and improvement processes for assessing, designing, implementing, and verifying security requirements
- Support the development of the system security engineering team's training plan for their development in knowledge and skills
- Interface with inter-organizational management and external customers to communicate technical briefing and program status
- Support bid proposals for systems security effort
- Support Program Management activities to ensure cost and schedule objectives are met
- Must have thirteen (13) years of experience in cybersecurity/anti-tamper requirements development, security and cyber threat analysis, security systems engineering, cyber systems architecture development or cybersecurity policy development. Will consider a BS degree and nine (9) years of related experience, a MS degree and seven (7) years of related experience, OR a PhD and four (4) years of related experience.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Certification: CISSP, CCSP, CISM or equivalent
- Experience in use of cybersecurity controls/framework, e.g., Department of Defense (DoD) Directives 8500.01, National Institute for Science & Technology (NIST) security publications, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Knowledge of offensive and defensive cyber/security techniques, the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Must have proven experience in communicating with all levels of peers, management. and customers in a methodical, detailed and process-oriented fashion
- Must have demonstrated experience implementing/developing technical solutions to System Security requirements and problems.
- Bachelor / Master of Science in a relevant engineering/computer science discipline
- Experience in relevant engineering development, such as software engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, information systems, or equivalent
- Experience working in the defense/missile system
- Active DoD Secret Clearance with periodic reinvestigation within the last five (5) years
- Experience in the use of HP Fortify Software or equivalent security analysis tool
$138,300 USD - $207,500 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.