At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Sr. Principal Test Labs Network Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program What You'll Get To Do:
Responsibilities include network architecture development and implementation for program test facilities. Support the test team in deployment of network assets, sustainment of systems, network modification verifications, and helping to resolve complex networking issues.
Essential Functions Include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for building, integrating, and testing network configurations and or implementing and configuring network hardware in complex IT systems.
- Create Build and Upgrade documentation along with instructions for lab and field engineers/technicians on how to configure and implement network devices within new or current systems.
- Create and maintain network drawings or infrastructure diagrams
- Act as a technical resource and provide tier 1-2 support in response to network issues and various support tasks.
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. Job Qualifications: You'll Bring These Qualifications:
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- 9 Years of experience with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD
- Active DoD Secret clearance with a reinvestigation date occurring in the last 5 years.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain Special Program Access (SAP)
- Prior experience working with IT systems in large networks (25-100+ users), deployment of hardware and software, patches, general system administrator duties
- Demonstrated knowledge of network engineering principles and best practices
- Working knowledge of datacenter design and management
- Working knowledge of virtualization (e.g. VMware)
- Working knowledge of network information & event management systems (e.g. ISE, Splunk, Solarwinds, Nagios)
- Experienced in both Windows and Linux computer operating systems environments
- Experienced with programming/scripting languages (e.g. C, C++, Java, Python, Ansible)
- Working knowledge on cybersecurity (e.g. security standards, STIGs, RMF, ACAS scan)
- Applicable certifications such as CCNA, CCNP or CCIE
- Active Top Secret security clearance with adjudication in the last 6 years
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts Salary Range:
$98,700 USD - $148,100 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.