BE PART OF A BANK LIKE NO OTHER.
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and nearly forty years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with diverse teams of passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to an inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join us at SVB and be part of bringing our clients' world-changing ideas to life. At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.Job Description
The Senior Analyst
in Privacy Operations performs a crucial role in supporting SVB products, processes, and practices to meet applicable privacy laws and regulations globally. Reporting to the Privacy Director/Privacy Manager, you will be responsible for executing complex, risk-based privacy assessments, handling inquires, handling mailbox requests, assisting with incident response, and supporting privacy training and awareness campaigns across the company. Your ability to collaborate and partner with engineering, compliance, product, and governance teams and our business lines is critical. As a Senior Privacy Operations Analyst, you will:
- Analyze the privacy impacts and risks associated with sophisticated products, processes, and vendor relationships via privacy assessment processes and tools.
- Exercise good judgment to effectively advise business lines to mitigate privacy risks across the data ecosystem.
- Own the triage, assessment, fulfillment, and response to privacy-related inquiries and data subject requests.
- Lead the triage, assessment, and documentation of privacy incidents.
- Steadfast focus on process improvement initiatives across Privacy Operations.
- Support the Operations team in maturing the Privacy-by-Design (PbD) program.
- Support Privacy Managers across business lines and project teams, as needed.
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- At least 3-years of experience inprivacy or related legal, regulatory compliance experience in a large enterprise.
- Demonstrable creative problem-solving, analytical thinking, and conceptual skills.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) certification or other IAPP certifications, (or willingness to obtain within 6-months).
- Experience with OneTrust, Office 365 applications, Teams, Jira, and Tableau.
- Understanding of privacy principles and regulations such as GDPR, CCPA, CPRA, and PIPEDA.
- A self-starter, capable of leading and executing projects with minimal supervision.
- An adaptive learner, keeping up with applicable privacy laws, regulations, and standard methodologies.
- Ability to foster relationships, effectively influence and navigate cross-functional teams.
- Assess the impact of privacy gaps and handle closure of remediations and findings.
- Experience with PIAs, DPIAs, ROPAs, and other assessments across product lines.
- Ability to execute in a Scaled Agile (SAFe) environment and a keen understanding of privacy regulations such as GDPR, CCPA, PIPEDA, and financial regulations such as GLBA Reg P is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, influence, and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills: thorough with an ability to develop and apply sophisticated concepts.
© 2021 SVB Financial Group. All rights reserved. SVB, SVB FINANCIAL GROUP, SILICON VALLEY BANK, MAKE NEXT HAPPEN NOW and the chevron device are trademarks of SVB Financial Group, used under license. Silicon Valley Bank is a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve System. Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank subsidiary of SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq: SIVB ).Equal Employment Opportunity
Silicon Valley Bank is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to expanding its commitments and investments to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive company culture and innovation ecosystem. We are strongly committed to the values and policy of equal employment opportunity across our employment practices.
Silicon Valley Bank is registered in England and Wales at Alphabeta, 14-18 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1BR, UK under No. FC029579. Silicon Valley Bank is authorised and regulated by the California Department of Business Oversight and the United States Federal Reserve Bank; authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority with number 577295; and subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details about the extent of our regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority are available from us on request.