Sr. Product Manager/Owner - Passenger Experience Your role in helping us shape the future:
As a Senior Product Manager, you will help advance Intelsat's digital strategy for the commercial aviation marketplace. You will work with internal and external stakeholders to define and deliver leading products that create value for airlines, their passengers, and key third-party relationships.
The Senior Product Manager acts within an Agile framework to own key elements of a market-driven, outcome-based product roadmap that aligns with Intelsat's strategic vision. The ownership itself is end-to-end; you will take opportunities from the initial business case hypothesis through to use case and requirements definition, development, deployment and validation in the market. Notably, the successful candidate should be comfortable with close oversight over one or several Agile development teams as an Agile Product Owner, helping interpret requirements, driving priorities, and articulating progress and outcomes to a wide stakeholder group including senior leadership.
Throughout this workflow, you will collaborate closely with other Product Managers, Product Owners, UX Designers, Finance, Software Development, Systems Engineering/Architecture, Quality Assurance, and Network Operations. You will also assist Sales and Account Management to represent Intelsat's capabilities on external customer engagements, collaborating with airline partners and key third parties to both understand market needs and further commercial objectives. Are you up to the challenge?
Can you drive these processes?
- Use your knowledge to solve complex problems that matter to millions of passengers.
- Act as a servant leader, promoting continuous improvement within Agile teams and the broader organization.
- Become an authority in your space, establishing yourself as an expert who can articulate outcomes to anyone who asks - from external client to development team to senior leadership.
- Set a new standard for the inflight experience by defining requirements for new and innovative products.
- Shape the future of digital technology in a fast-paced industry with unique challenges.
- Change-indeed, disrupt-the way that people use technology onboard.
You should definitely have:
- Completely own and be accountable for the strategy and performance of key products within Intelsat's commercial aviation portfolio.
- Serve as a subject-matter expert for internal and external stakeholder questions and opportunities.
- Participate in Lean Product Management and Agile rituals, including leading an Agile team as required, to continuously improve our offering.
- Assume epic ownership, breaking out epics into smaller features that can deliver value with each iteration, driving feature development, applying Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) techniques to define acceptance and related automated test criteria, and otherwise complies with the Definition of Ready (DoR).
- Vertically slice epics into features, and assist teams with breaking down features into user stories so that the team can deliver value incrementally.
- Prior to the Program Increment planning event, assist with reviewing and refining the Program Backlog as well as reviewing and contributing to the overall product vision and roadmap.
- During the Program Increment planning event, be involved with story definition, providing the clarifications necessary to assist the development team(s) with their story estimates and sequencing, guiding the team on defining their PI objectives, driving commitment on external dependencies, and representing the team plan, commitments, and risks at readouts and management review.
- During execution, attend regular Agile team meetings including daily standups, backlog grooming, sprint planning and retrospectives as necessary in your role as the SME and owner of major elements of the roadmap.
- In your capacity as a Product Owner (PO):
- Lead grooming sessions help the team to break down and estimate work and provide business value context. At sprint planning sessions, present priorities, answer questions and clarify requirements. In general, help the team mitigate impediments that might impact the team's ability to meet sprint goals and PI objectives.
- Work with the team to agree on accepted story and feature completion. This includes validating that the stories meet the feature acceptance criteria, ensuring the appropriate level of automated testing has been created, and that the feature achieves the Definition of Done (DoD).
- Collaborate with their team and any other stakeholders to conduct the team sprint demo.
- Use tools like Kanban & Scrum boards to ensure the team is on the same page with goals and priorities
- Partner in conjunction with the dev lead and Scrum Master to review team metrics and conduct sprint retrospectives to identify improvement stories that will increase the team's velocity and predictability.
- Contribute to the Program Backlog by partnering with other Product Managers for development of an epic, definition of features, and contributing to the organization's vision and roadmap.
It would be nice if you had:
- Four-year college degree in business, economics, or a related field.
- 5+ years Product Management and/or Ownership or related experience.
- Demonstrated ability or experience with defining requirements in structured frameworks
- Structured work ethic and excellent organizational skills including ability to leverage strategy and collaboration tools like Jira, Miro, JAMA, Kanban boards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong interest and capacity to identify and address market needs through a continually evolving understanding of industry trends and journey personas (passenger, crew, airline, sponsor, content provider, etc.).
- Ability to translate those market needs into a business hypothesis that can be modeled for commercial evaluation and prioritization in the roadmap.
- Ability to own cross-functional initiatives from conception to execution, leading stakeholder groups and Agile teams.
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product roadmap ownership and delivery.
- Experience or exposure to airline industry, especially Inflight Connectivity and Entertainment (IFEC) adjacencies.
- Experience within eCommerce, payments, telecommunications, or software development with a focus on the end customer.
- Experience with front-end applications and UI (websites / web portals, mobile apps, etc.)
- Experience or familiarity with the Inflight Entertainment (IFE) space and adjacencies, including media, content, OTT audio/video providers, and other streaming services.
- Understanding of user-centric approaches to product design, including evolving trends in consumer behavior and accessibility
- Exposure (academic or experiential) to software development / product management tactics such as Behavior Driven Development, Test Driven Development and Product Needs Analysis.
- Formal training or certifications in Lean Product Management and/or Agile practices, such as SAFe for Teams or Leading SAFe.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at