At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America's first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.What you will be doing
DISH Wireless is seeking a forward-thinking collaborator to manage the network engineering and operations organization working toward redefining the 5G network landscape. The successful Product Manager will own the definition of product features and requirements of DISH 5G Network CI/CD automation based on network growth and field engineering needs. You will partner with consumer-facing and regional markets to understand customer requirements and translate them into DISH's 5G CI/CD automation features and use cases to achieve zero-touch network operations.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
- Contribute to ongoing CI/CD automation process improvement reviews using Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics to eliminate errors, maximize hardware/software efficiencies and increase service up-time;
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop and steer product/solution roadmaps;
- Interface with internal organizations, particularly technology development groups (TDG), to understand and track DISH 5G Network CI/CD automation technology evolution paths;
- Develop detailed requirements, adjusting and maintaining those requirements as DISH 5G network operation grows for scalability;
- Work daily with network architects and engineering/operation teams to optimize product delivery against requirements and ensure the product roadmap is optimized for network operation efficiency.
#LI-RO2 #DICE_RO Skills and experience
Successful Product Managers will have:
- Bachelors or master's degree in engineering, or masters of business administration in a related field, or an equivalent combination of highly related experience and education;
- 10+ years of experience in the wireless network industry;
- Direct experience in mobile network technologies including mobile network engineering, network operation and network optimization;
- Understanding of 3GPP network architecture with emphasis on BSA, ORAN, MANO, NFV, CNF and technologies;
- Deep understanding of Agile software development, CI/CD principles, infrastructure as code and end-to-end automation of mobile and/or telecom networks;
- Solid understanding of software engineering best practices such as code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, deployment, release and change management;
- Understanding of product development and engineering using Dockers, Kubernetes (K8s), VMware, OpenStack or public cloud platforms like AWS, Azure and GCP'
- Previous experience in system engineering, technical sales or product management with responsibility for product portfolio strategy, working across disparate groups including customer-facing, operations and R&D;
- Working knowledge of VLAN, IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling; knowledge of database/storage service, e.g. data lake, Oracle DB and AWS S3;
- Work knowledge of inventory management and logistics.
Compensation: $114,885.00/Yr. - $181,390.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, this role provides all the benefits you need to be successful. Check them out on our careers website.
Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, to include a drug test and criminal background check.