Sr. Product Manager - Tech - Fulfillment Optimization
The Promise team seeks to identify the best delivery option for whatever a customer wants. We believe finding an optimal delivery promise and living up to it consistently improves the customer experience because we increase confidence and trust in Amazon as the single, best option to get what you want when you want it. We are seeking a Senior Product Manager for Promise.
As a Senior Product Manager for Promise, you will identify opportunities to improve our customer experience and drive initiatives to capitalize on these opportunities. You will work with economists, research scientists and engineers to design, develop, test and deploy Promise services that evaluate inventory, fulfillment capabilities, carrier capabilities and customer preferences to return an optimal delivery promise in milliseconds.
This role is a highly visible and critical position within Amazon with significant customer impact. A successful candidate will have an established background in data science and product management with strong technical ability, project management skills, great communication skills and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
In this role, you will :
• Monitor impact of global supply chain and transportation performance on customer promises
• Develop and apply sophisticated quantitative analysis to produce actionable insights
• Evolve Amazon's understanding of customer behavior by developing new metrics around market demand as it relates to physical delivery
• Work closely with business intelligence teams to build scaleable data architectures
• Develop predictive tools and responsive workflows to proactively identify defects and enhancements within Amazon's supply chain and transportation operations
• Establish vision and manage feature backlogs for functional areas
• Exercise judgment prioritizing between competing initiatives
• Provide clear direction and relevant communication to data science, engineering, and senior leader stakeholders regarding business performance and project status
At Amazon, we strive to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. At the core of our global vision is Supply Chain Optimization Technologies, a close-knit, dedicated team tasked with making industry-leading delivery promises and relentlessly executing to meet them. To achieve this, we begin with our customers and work backwards, leveraging data from millions of orders and billions of interactions to pioneer new scalable solutions to ensure we have the right products in the right place at the right time.
• 4 years of professional experience delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Demonstrable expertise extracting, manipulating and understanding data to do draw conclusions and drive business results
• Experience developing new metrics and monitoring systems to increase understanding of business performance
• Ability to think creatively, deal with ambiguity and manage changing priorities
• Strong organizational skills
• Experience defining business objectives and practical strategies to achieve them
• Experience defining detailed product requirements and working with data science and engineering teams to deliver on your vision
• The ability to communicate clearly with senior leadership and coworkers
• Professional product or project management experience
• MBA or similarly relevant advanced degree in an applied science such as Economics
• Professional experience defining products and working with business and technical leaders to bring them to market
• Knowledge and understanding of statistical, economic, and econometric principles and the ability to apply those to data modelling
• Experience developing SQL queries and working with related business intelligence systems and tools
• Experience developing predictive models and performing data mining and analysis utilizing advanced data analysis tools and statistical software packages for multivariate regression, correlation and predictive analysis
• Demonstrates relentlessly high standards