Our Houston, Texas financial client is has called on iSphere to find a Product Owner III – for their Enterprise Data Management team. This project is expected to be 6+ months.
- This role’s responsibility will be to lead the effort to create software and data solutions to support the business strategy. Responsibilities include:
- Strategy, product roadmap, planning and execution, documentation and ownership of the product backlog.
- Participates on a cross-functional Agile Scrum team and/or hybrid Agile and Waterfall project team to develop and maintain a foundational solution, based on the strategy
- Own and guide the Design and Development teams’ efforts and ensure the roadmap and key requirements are met including defining epics, writing user stories, documenting defects, and oversee testing efforts.
- Lead, collaborate with, and motivate a cross-functional team of user experience partners, designers, business analysts, data analysts, developers, testers, and others to develop, execute, and release in alignment with program and/or product roadmaps and train to ensure the functionality is understood.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders about the prioritization of the Product Backlog and the product and release progression status. Fully understand and validate the business strategy and vision.
- Participates in (or lead, when appropriate) Agile and/or Hybrid Agile/Waterfall methodology activities: daily stand-ups, feature review, grooming, estimation, release planning, sprint planning, retrospectives, stakeholder and other required signoffs, and sprint demonstrations.
• Strong product management skills: experience managing a feature roadmap, product vision, and customer personas.
• Ability to manage multiple stakeholders, including strong communication skills and transparency when working with stakeholders.
• Strong technical knowledge of service-oriented architecture, data model, and mapping designs and the ability to quickly prototype ideas and communicate ideas to team members.
• Understanding of Business Process Modeling (BPM) and ability to contribute to BPM efforts as needed.
• Ability to use qualitative and quantitative data to guide a cohesive product strategy using tools such “Weighted Shortest Job First” (WSJF), or similar tools.
• 2+ years of working knowledge of service-oriented application solutions required.
• 2+ years of data mapping and transformation experience required.
• 8+ years of experience with the analysis and implementation of software and data integration solutions or products required including 4+ years of experience in delivering software under the Agile framework, required.
• 4+ years of experience working on a software development team
• 4+ years of experience in an Agile, Scrum-based work environment and/or Waterfall development environment.
• Experience in the banking or financial services industry, highly preferred.
Formal Education & Certification:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Accounting,
Management Information Systems or related field, preferred.
• Certified Scrum Product Owner certification or SAFe Product Owner Certification preferred
• Any additional Scrum-related certifications, such as Certified Scrum Master, Certified
Scrum Professional preferred.
iSphere provides our potential consultants with direct access to top area clients and decision makers frequently resulting in a quicker interview and hiring process. For our selected candidates, our recruiters provide resume and career coaching, interview preparation, knowledge of local compensation trends, and try to get to know you as a person all while providing as clear and consistent communication with you as possible.
Many of our consulting roles offer the possibility to transition to staff assignments with our client companies for those candidates that are interested and can serve as an excellent chance to try an environment out before making a long-term career commitment to an organization.
iSphere offers several choices of major medical plans as well as the opportunity to participate in 401K and profit sharing plans.
Client access, flexibility, and support for your long-term goals; get more at iSphere
Building on a foundation of individual care and commitment for over 20 years, iSphere continues to grow by setting the standard for better service to both our IT consultants and the clients we serve.
As Corporate and Government solution strategists and architects, iSphere provides innovative products, professional services, and staff to help private and public sector clients achieve their goals and transform their technology driven business models. Clients partner with us to deliver successful business-IT strategy, top technology systems and bright IT talent.
Partners to the energy and financial trading, healthcare, education, and government sectors, iSphere’s team of skilled consultants are experts at solving business and technology challenges with advanced IT solutions.
With an unflagging work ethic, a cohesive team, and a passion for innovative service and solutions, our clients know they can depend on iSphere.