Our client is looking to hire a Sr. Program Specialist (Data Engineer) who will focus on the data hygiene and the level of integrity of the data and related information stored within their systems. You will provide technical support for data manipulation, database creation, and ad hoc programming. You will analyze and manipulate data in the various repositories in order to maximize availability, efficiency, and accuracy of data.
Minimum requirements include:
- 5+ years’ experience performing a combination of database administration and data ETL programming.
- Autonomous – able to evaluate assignments, prioritize tasks, and follow up on issues through completion.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability which includes researching and analyzing appropriate alternatives to determine the best course of action is required.
- Extensive experience working with data migrations and transformations between multiple sources & destinations. Identify issues, errors, and/or anomalies. Develop business rules and code to resolve the inconsistencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Unix (Solaris or HP-UX preferred), including scripting.
- Database schemas and structures.
- SQL and other programming languages, such as COBOL and C/C++..
- PGP and other standard encryption methodologies.
- ETL (e.g., DMXpress, SSIS)
- Ability to manipulate (resort, reorganize, and concatenate) flat files.
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills along with a high level of interpersonal skills are required.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in information technology and or computer science is required.
The position is located in Gaithersburg, MD (post Covid you will be expected to be onsite the majority of time). The initial contract is through August 2022, with expectation of converting to full time in September 2022.
Datanomics is an equal opportunity employer.