The Sr. Programmer Analyst III - PeopleSoft is a skilled professional, possessing a strong development and technical analysis background in enterprise-level applications with a focus on PeopleSoft. He/ She will possess a strong expertise in Application Development/Integration tools. This individual has the technical skills and experience needed to develop cost-effective, timely solutions that meet functional and performance requirements while focusing on component reuse. Provide guidance, training and mentoring to less experienced programmers.
- Design, write, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications using agile framework.
- Capable of working on extremely complex applications/projects and has established himself/herself as a functional expert in a particular business area and technical expert in a specific technology.
- Partner with other functions across IT (Scrum Master, BA, EA, Security, Operations) to ensure collaboration, consistency, quality, and timeliness of deliverables.
- Understand applications and the interdependencies with other corporate and external systems.
- Comprehensive and extensive knowledge of business processes, issues and data challenges.
- Capable of architecting software solutions that meet the needs of the business.
- Participate in the delivery of custom solutions that follow standard Agile process.
- Perform detailed technical analysis and ensure the successful delivery and support of various applications. Work with the business to analyze business processes and system issues and turn them into actionable system changes that benefit the requesting party(s), improve efficiency in operations and overall performance.
- Lead the design, architecture, and support of software applications and technologies. Perform intermediate-level application design, implementation, and maintenance with minimal direction.
- Provides leadership to large, complex activities, knowing when to engage others and effectively communicating status and technical information.
- Minimal supervision and oversight required.
- Proactively working with manager to identify training needs to expand and improve skills
- Strong ability to apply feedback received to day-to-day work and strives to improve performance.
- Researches new technologies.
Level Based Competencies
- Very Strong Communication skills (verbal & written).
- Very Strong Decision Making skills.
- Very Strong Collaboration skills.
- Strong Customer Focus.
- Initiates Self Action all of the time.
- Very Strong Business Acumen.
- Strong Skills in Building Working Relationships.
- Very Strong Planning, Organizing and Follow-Up skills.
- Proven ability to develop applications in multiple programming environments is required.
- Expert knowledge of security requirements, web services, service-oriented architecture,
design patterns, multi-threaded systems, and automated unit testing.
- Expert knowledge of application development, testing and programming techniques /languages.
- Experience in PeopleSoft v8.8.
- Experience in PeopleTools 8.5x.
- Experience in Application Engine, PeopleCode, Component Interface, Integration Broker, Workflow and XML BI Publisher.
- Experience in SQR, Crystal, nVision reporting.
- Financials and Supply Chain Management experience.
- Database Technology: MS SQL Server 2008 and 2012
- Proficient in writing SQL scripts, Stored Procedures
- Expert knowledge of software and solution architecture.
- Functional expert in a particular business area and recognized as a technical expert/leader in a specific technology.
- Advanced experience in business process design and re-engineering and workflow analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of Information Security Awareness.
- Advanced problem solving skills.
- Ability to work on multiple complex assignments.
- Very Strong ability to Multitask.
- Strong Prioritization skills.
- Advanced Analysis & Problem Solving Skills.
- Strong Adaptability; Strong Vendor Management Skills.
Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or
12+ yrs of IT and business/industry work experience
10+ yrs exp. in programming in a client-server environment, and experience with object-
oriented development environments is preferred.
10+ yrs exp. with data analysis, design and implementation, including working with end
users to effectively assess business requirements and define programming needs to
support redesigned processes.
5+ yrs exp. in systems analysis and design with proven record of successful large scale
5+ yrs exp. in selecting, defining or designing software architecture solutions