Chelmsford, MA Salary:
Competitive Description: Senior Project Controller
We are looking for a talented Senior Project Controller (Scheduler) to join our industry leading Project Delivery and Construction team at our office located in Chelmsford, MA.
The Senior Project Controller/Scheduler is accountable to develop, progress and forecast all phases of the project schedule/plan using the most current industry practices and software. Provide planning leadership and integrate with engineering, procurement, cost, technical & construction disciplines for seamless reporting to insure effective Capital Project Delivery. Send resumes to: KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS /WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Develop, monitor and update project Plans & Schedules encompassing the entire engineering, procurement, construction and qualification (EPCQ) life cycle.
- Work in a highly collaborative and dynamic project environment.
- Facilitate/participate in project scheduling meetings as well as Pull/Phase/Takt/Interactive planning sessions as required to develop, refine and progress project plans.
- Analyze schedule input from project partners including clients, internal teams, vendors and contractors to verify schedule durations and integrity as well as evaluate logic and float paths. Integrate into an overall master schedule.
- Assure credibility of the information in master schedule.
- Make recommendations to manage float and (re)sequence activities to achieve project milestone/target dates.
- Collaborate with estimating & cost control to resource/cost load schedules as required. Collaborate with team to support constructability and value engineering.
- Evaluate schedule risk & perform analysis (Monte Carlo Simulation, etc.) as required.
- Baseline schedules and document basis for approval.
- Monitor schedule progress, deviations, and variances and assess impacts to the critical/near-critical path activities.
- Assist in the developing alternatives for corrective action.
- Perform jobsite walks to verify physical progress of scheduled activities and analyze change orders for schedule impacts.
- Continually progress & review schedules with project team to ensure accurate and timely data is incorporated and forecasted.
- Ability to generate earned value, SPI, CPI, and other schedule performance metrics.
- Prepare schedule progress reports, trending charts and schedule analysis.
- Maintain record of scope changes, trends and variances that potentially affect schedule performance.
- Emphasis on data visualization and effective team communication.
- At the project completion, develop and record the project's historical schedule information and "lessons learned".
- Provide supervision and leadership for more junior department and project personnel.
- Collaborate with all groups to improve company processes, systems and intellectual infrastructure to promote organizational learning and continuous improvement.
- Excellent collaboration, communication and organizational skills are required with the ability to prioritize and manage large amounts of information to effectively meet deadlines.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT AND SAFETY:
- BS degree in engineering or related technical field, construction management or applicable experience.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience as a planner/scheduler on facilities capital projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering, procurement, construction and qualification (EPCQ) processes in the Pharma/Biotech Industry.
- Understanding of engineering, construction methodologies and technical documentation. Demonstrated expertise in the use of modern planning and scheduling principles, methodologies, techniques and tools including CPM, Last Planner, 4D, etc.
- Strong analytical and computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in Primavera P6 Planner, Microsoft Project as well as MS Office Suite programs (MS Excel, MS Access, Power BI, etc) is required.
- Knowledge of vPlanner, BIM 360 and other visual & collaborative planning tools.
- PMI, AACEI or other industry certifications.
- Safety minded individual that must comply with our Mission Zero Safety policy.
- Capable of working alone or as part of a team without a significant level of supervision.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit for long periods of time with extended computer use.
- Experience working in both a Home Office and Field environment.
- Up to 50% travel required to both project and regional office locations.
- This position is a safety sensitive position.
- The employee is designated for field work and attends activities at client sites where they work in construction, process, packaging, manufacturing, research or other "non-administrative" areas.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com