The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. Job Summary
The National Systems Group serves as the technical advisor to the Intelligence Community and its mission partners involved in the collection and distribution of national and tactical intelligence, including electronics programs, advanced technologies, ground and communications, imagery programs, and systems engineering and launch.
With the ever increasing need to secure and expand national space missions, Aerospace and its customers are focused on maintaining a balance between information security and information sharing. Aerospace, our customer, and their SETA contractors work together to achieve the goal of engineering and developing cryptographic solutions which expand upon existing cryptographic and cyber capabilities. These include enabling higher bandwidth speeds, enhancing communications security, and evolving cyber security methods and techniques. As a member of Aerospace, your responsibilities will be focused on supporting our government customer's mission of: enabling a strategic balance between information sharing and information security; assisting in the identification and development of critical Information Assurance (IA) technologies and capabilities to enable next-generation end-to-end secure communication needs; and assisting our customer in enabling transformational cryptographic architectures while supporting interoperability with adaptable and agile cryptographic/IA products and solutions.
This is a full-time position based in Chantilly, VA.What You'll be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Manage a portfolio of numerous small-budget research and development efforts focused on improving cryptographic capabilities and evolving cyber-security solutions.
- Coordinate with the customer and the evaluation teams to ensure the proposal evaluations are completed in a timely manner and reported back to the office of contracts for action.
- Prepare and present briefings and other necessary documentation to effectively communicate the progress and status of the research and development efforts.
- Provide cyber-security expertise as requested in addressing Assessment and Authorization (A&A) and other technical security questions related to cryptography.
- Work directly with our government customers and their contractors to accomplish development milestones and manage risk.
- Develop recommendations for portfolio program success to ensure future R&D efforts are successful and satisfy government expenditure timelines.
How You Can Stand Out
- Bachelors degree in engineering, computer science or related applicable technical discipline
- 12+ years of increasing responsible engineering experience
- Experience in system engineering, system development, cyber security engineering, or related field
- Experience in supporting the planning and development of ground architectures and/or programs
- Local travel to off-site meetings and occasional CONUS air travel is to be expected.
- This position requires a current and active TS/SBI/SCI and polygraph, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- An understanding of government acquisition processes and practices used in DoD and IC acquisitions
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work closely with senior government management
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly dynamic Program Office environment with a mix of government, FFRDC, and SETA personnel
- Ability to grasp innovative and cutting-edge technologies and technological concepts
- An advanced degree in engineering, computer science or related applicable technical discipline
- Strong, demonstrated personal initiative
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems engineering processes, project management, and risk management
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement