The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click here for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.Job Summary
The National Systems Group serves as the technical advisor to the Intelligence Community and its mission partners involved in the collection and distribution of national and tactical intelligence, including electronics programs, advanced technologies, ground and communications, imagery programs, and systems engineering and launch.
We are looking for an Engineer or Scientist to serve as a technical advisor for modeling, simulation and analysis projects in the Systems Engineering Directorate's Office of Enterprise Analysis (OEA). OEA provides modeling, simulation, and analysis services to support Intelligence Community space-related acquisition programs and space systems operations.What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Supporting the Office of Enterprise Analysis helping formulate study plans to answer complex technical questions and coordinate and review technical study results.
- Providing expert analysis, support and advice to government leads and guide Aerospace engineering matrix in the analysis efforts for specialized technical areas.
- Provide expert technical advice and innovative solutions to complex problems in modeling and simulation.
- Work directly with government and contractor model developers and analysts to ensure sound analytical methods and results and bring in additional Aerospace subject matter expertise as needed from our engineering matrix.
How You Can Stand Out
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physical Science, Mathematics or related discipline
- A minimum of twelve years of experience directly supporting the Space or Intelligence Community
- Ability to work in a team environment with a diverse set of government and contractor staff
- Ability to support multiple concurrent projects across different technical subject areas
- Willing to travel domestically/internationally up to 5%.
- This position requires a current and active TS/SCI security clearance and polygraph, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Advanced degree (Masters, PhD) in Engineering, Physical Science, Mathematics or related discipline
- Five years of experience in modeling, simulation and analysis or Operations Research
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively coordinate exchanges between technical staff and the customer and management staff
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement