The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. Summary:
The National Systems Group serves as the technical adviser to Intelligence Community Customers and its mission partners involved in the collection and distribution of national and tactical intelligence, including electronics programs, ground and communications, imagery programs, and systems engineering and launch.
Electronic Programs Division's Directorate L is looking for a satellite RF payloads engineer to lead Aerospace's support to the design, development, test, and integration of a state of the art payload onboard a major national security satellite.
This position can be located in Chantilly, VA or Denver, COWhat You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Serve as the Aerospace technical lead to the program office for the acquisition of an advanced payload onboard a major national security satellite system.
- Lead and direct the Aerospace matrix support team across a range of activities to include hardware build, environmental test, performance testing, anomaly resolution, and payload calibration.
- Represent Aerospace in program meetings and technical forums such as technical interchanges, prime and supplier PMRs, delivery status meetings, Anomaly & Failure Review Boards, Engineering Review Boards
- Formulate and draft Aerospace risk positions and recommendations on issues and brief the customer on high interest topics.
- Assist in the execution of program office systems engineering and acquisition processes.
How You Can Stand Out
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, physics, mathematics or another technical discipline.
- At least 12 years of progressively more responsible engineering experience
- Experience in RF/digital payloads
- Technical Knowledge in the acquisition of payload hardware
- Technical foundation and experience needed to understand radio frequency antennas and receivers
- Experience as team leader/member
- Willing to travel domestically (approx. 1-2 trips per month)
- This position requires a current and active TS/SSBI/SCI security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Masters or PhD degree in electrical engineering or physics
- Working knowledge of Aerospace Engineering Matrix
- Experience designing, building, and testing advanced RF/digital payloads
- Working knowledge of DoD/NRO acquisition processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Grade-Based Pay Range
(Min - Mid - Max)
$117,027 - $192,281 - $267,534Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement