Our client is seeking a Sr. Project Manager Agile Planning .
Location: Chicago, IL
Position Type: Contract
Job Summary :
- This position leads and directs the staff and activities of an IT area which provides project management processes, standards, support and tools.
- Manages the relationships and acts as liaison between the development teams, client organizations, and other stakeholders throughout the project cycle.
- This position will be responsible for the management of multiple projects, both large and small.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
- Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Directs, plans, and controls all activities and staff of a project support area and has full management
- responsibility for performance and development of subordinate staff in accordance with corporate strategic directions.
- Oversees scheduling, team building, and maintains working relationships with functional areas outside of IT.
- Develops, plans, and schedules projects, and coordinates the activities of the area with other managers in the IT function.
- Communicates with senior leaders across the company on the status of initiatives as well as requesting assistance in resolving issues that arise
- Prepares, manages and reports on annual budget.
- Prepares activity and progress reports regarding assigned projects.
- Participates in the identification of project management standards and other processes which assist
- the functional business areas meet their strategic objectives.
- Stays up to date on trends and developments within functional area of expertise and the insurance industry.
- Works with PMO and IT Q&G leadership to identify improvements to current processes and participate in initiatives to implement change
- Participates with the Agile methodology team to further define the future state of the company s project delivery
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities :
- In-depth knowledge of business unit's functions and systems.
- Senior level knowledge of client area's functions and systems.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Senior level knowledge of project delivery in an IT environment
- Excellent management skills and ability to organize and plan effectively to meet both short and long
- range goals and objectives.
- Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively wit h peers, clients, IT management and subordinates. Proven expertise in fostering teams.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate others in accomplishing goals.
- Ability to exercise professional judgement and assume responsibility for decisions which have an impact on people, quality of service, and costs.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and other business related software systems.
Education & Experience :
- Master's degree or equivalent experience.
- Typically a minimum of nine years of experience project leadership and previous supervisory/management experience.
- Applicable certifications preferred including PMP, CSM