We need an IT Cybersecurity Project Manager for a 6+ month contract for a public sector client in Long Beach, CA.
The Cybersecurity Project Manager will direct security projects based on our client’s specific goals and needs. In addition to developing project plans, they supervise the work of various team members, which can include cybersecurity engineers and others dedicated to the initiative(s) being implemented. The prospective candidate will stay up-to-date on the latest technologies, methodologies in Information Technology with a concentration in cybersecurity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple projects with broad scope, ambiguity, and high degree of difficulty
- Expert in demonstrating proficiency in a wide range of information IT security technologies, embedded security, and platforms
- Expert with a high level of analytical ability where problems are typically unusual and difficult - gather and interpret complex qualitative or quantitative data
- Maintain a working knowledge of cybersecurity principles and elements
- Understand program structure, launch plan and timing, and program ownership
- Work with a project team(s), overseeing the development of security systems for the protection of data, assets and computing environment.
- Combine both management skills and specific security system knowledge, coordinate the security project through its progressive stages, with the goal of project completion within specified time and budget constraints.
- Must possess certain traits, such as flexibility, assertiveness, approachability and foresight. Being able to handle stressful situations, to delegate tasks and to bring together the ideas of team members are also crucial.
- Monitor costs and schedules while maintaining an appropriate level of quality in security system development and installation.
- Provide updated status reports on project health, overall progress, identify and communicate any roadblocks/risks, and escalate accordingly to the project sponsor, as needed
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, management information systems or equivalent.
- Structured project management experience in deploying security-related initiatives
- Broad experience in computer and network systems, including IT security.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and make decisions and recommendations with limited data.
- Solid analytical/problem-solving skills with capability to identify solutions to unusual and complex problems.
- Possess project management certifications required and any appropriate technology certifications would be desired from professional organizations.
- Very good understanding and familiarity with cybersecurity frameworks (ISO, NIST, HiTrust, COBIT, MITRE, etc )
- Strong preference for Consulting background.
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment.
We would strongly prefer candidates who are LOCAL to the Long Beach, CA area. A VIDEO interview will be required and the selected candidate will work remotely until our end client deems it safe to be work in the Long Beach office.
If interested, please send resume along with:
- Hourly rate req'ts (1099 or Corp to Corp contracts only). Target rate range is $70-90/hour DOE. This is an All-Inclusive rate!
- Availability (at least one video interview will be required at your expense).
- Immigration status