Our Customer located in Phoenix, AZ is seeking a Sr. Project Manager to responsible for leading and managing large, complex, cross-functional project initiatives for an industry-leader supporting healthcare needs of the nation's Veterans and military members. Works within a dynamic, fast paced Enterprise Project Management Office (ePMO); understands and values project management, encourages professional development and empowers its staff to achieve their best.
The Sr. PM applies recognized project management concepts, professional discipline, ethics and conduct standards to deliver a wide range of integrated enterprise applications, services and results. Leads, manages, develops and implements various-sized, cross-functional, enterprise wide projects. Responsible for monitoring and reporting on individual business and IT projects and initiatives. Produces detailed and comprehensive plans, reports, analyses and recommendations. The work is accomplished through a matrix of project and functional managers and departments focused on managing changes in business operations, products or services delivery and implementing improved changes.
Establishes, maintains and carries out active and effective risk and change communications among stakeholders. Serves as a project management role model, trainer, coach, mentor for the organization. Success is measured in terms of completing the project within the defined constraints and compliance with methodologies and best practice. This position reports to the Director, ePMO. Responsibilities:
Education & Experience Required
- Works openly and collaboratively with ePMO staff on all phases of the project lifecycle. Project leads/supports multiple complex cross functional projects and assigned teams; effectively models, implements and communicates best practice project management knowledge, skills, tools and processes ensuring accuracy, consistency and thoroughness in all phases.
- Drafts and maintains formal project management documentation using ePMO-defined templates as required. Identifies and manages project deliverables; creates dashboards, monitoring and status reports; provides regular updates to leadership.
- Collaborates with enterprise business units to learn and understand their processes and translate them into meaningful process improvements.
- Assist the ePMO in educating, training, coaching and mentoring staff on project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to meet project requirements.
- Excellent communication skills preparing and delivering oral/visual presentations and written reports to all levels of stakeholders and executives. Ability to communicate effectively with senior management and articulate a clear vision of successful solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare, Business, Technology or related field; or equivalent background and experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing multifaceted enterprise-wide complex projects/teams; managing multiple smaller projects simultaneously
- Experience in delivering quality and measurable efficiency gains as a result of project management process improvement
- Experience preparing and delivering high-level oral/visual presentations and reports
- High competency use of MS Office applications including Project, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other modern project management process tools
Key Competencies: Technical Skills
- Master's degree in Healthcare Management/Administration, Business Administration, or related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- 10+ years of related experience in managing complex projects/teams, preferably in a managed care environment
- Microsoft Project Server 2013 Administrator certification or equivalent MS/PMI certified training course.
- Background/experience/assignment VA Health and/or US Military Health System
Knowledge of modern Healthcare/Managed Care concepts, proficient with statistical analysis, data management and analysis, project management techniques, benchmarking practices and techniques, quality improvement tools and techniques. Experience providing expert knowledge, advice and expertise to organizations and leaders to help them improve business performance, operations, management, structure and strategy across multiple functional areas. Team building / Team Player
Influence the actions and opinions of others in a positive direction and build group commitment Problem Solving / Analysis
Ability to solve problems through systematic analysis of processes with sound judgment; Has a realistic understanding of relevant issues Organizational Skills
Ability to organize people or tasks, adjust to priorities, learn systems within time constraints and with available resources, detail oriented. Multi-Tasking / Time Management
Prioritize and manage actions to meet changing deadlines and requirements within a high volume, high stress environment Information Management
Ability to manage large amounts of complex information easily, communicate it clearly, and draw sound conclusions Coping / Flexibility
Resiliency in adapting to a variety of situations and individuals while maintaining a sense of purpose and mature problem-solving approach Communication / People Skills
Ability to influence or persuade others under positive or negative circumstances; Adapt to different styles; Listen critically; Collaborate
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send us your resume, availability to interview and salary requirements immediately. If you are not and know of someone that qualifies or is looking for opportunities, please forward their contact information. We compensate for referrals that are successfully placed.