Sr. PySpark Developer (Mortgage Backed Securities / PySpark onAWS EMR/ Python)
Target Pay: $50.00/hr - $59.00/hour (w2)
Washington, D.C. (HYBRID REMOTE MODEL - 2 days/week onsite, remote otherwise)
Our client is seeking a senior level PySpark Developer with outstanding expertise in the Mortgage Backed Securities industry, specifically, where they've been exposed to Market Risk, Credit Risk and Operational Risk related Information Technology environments. This person will help support the customization and development of solutions for our client's customers' who primarily are major Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS) firms.
The consultant will be required to report onsite 2-3 days per week to our client's customer's offices (in Washington, D.C), and the remainder of the work will be able to be done remotely. This person will need to be well-versed in PySpark Development, have excellent analytical skills and the ability to work with collaborative teams and commicate fluidly.
Basic Qualifications/Must-Have Skill-Sets:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, or Related field of stufy
- Minimum of 8to 10+ years of experience working as a Developer - specifically developing PySpark on AWS EMR.
- Experience working in an Agile Environment
- Experience working in enterprise environments (ideally having some of that experience being in the Mortgages/Mortgage Backed Securities / Lending Space )
- Advanced knowledge and capabilities in Python Programming / Scripting
- Experience running PySpark on AWS EMR
- Experience with AWS Step Functions
- 10+ years of experience
- Masters Degree, or any higher education, certifications, or continued education in Information Technology, Software Development, Etc.
- Data Analytics experience, experience with Market Risk, Credit Risk, Operational Risk and IT domains in general
- Experience leading, mentoring and/or providing guidance to more junior team members / developers
- Apache / Spark experience
- Experience working for/in support ofManagement Consulting firms specifically who may be engaged with Mortgage Backed Securities firms
- Stakeholder management, Requirements gathering & Communications skills that allow for the person to be versed in communicating "from the boiler room to the board room "
- Able to engage audiences at all levels
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com