We seek to hire a senior Python developer who will be responsible for designing and building novel tools in the cybersecurity SOAR and SIEM space, utilized by our clients and security analysts to detect and mitigate real security threats every day. As a cybersecurity company, we work with large and complex datasets, that require efficient and effective algorithms to detect anomalies in those datasets, as well as correlate and present those detections as actionable information to our team of security analysts. Experience with data science / engineering is expected, and experience with ML is a plus.
Additionally, we have numerous internal and external toolsets for every sector of our business. You will be expected to build and maintain Django APIs, as well as backend application support for these toolsets, and new tools as required.
As an innovative startup in the cybersecurity sector, we pride ourselves in developing in-house solutions, bespoke to our needs. This opens the door to greater flexibility and creativity in both functionality and design. Our ideal candidate is someone who takes genuine pride in their work and appreciates being able to take an idea and shape it according to their vision.
- Work with development team and other department leads to outline scopes of and design new toolsets
- Create intelligible plans for how tools will be implemented, including documentation and diagrams as necessary, to aid in team collaboration
- Refine plans to meet team requirements and implement them into functional, structured, and efficient applications
- Identify inefficiencies and counter-intuitive elements of current toolsets and offer practical solutions
- Implement redesigns of existing toolsets to improve performance, compatibility, stability, and/or implement additional features
- Complete and review documentation for projects or any operational effort
- Provide system performance monitoring and troubleshooting
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Other activities as assigned
- 5+ years experience with Python3
- 2+ years experience with Django
- 2+ years experience with MySQL or comparable SQL DBMS
- Proficiency with RESTful APIs, including integrations with Python's "requests" library
- 1+ year of experience with Data Science / Engineering / Statistics
- Experience with Keras, TensorFlow, or equivalent ML packages is a plus
- Completion of a Bachelor's or higher post-graduate degree and 5+ years of industry experience.
- Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers, and staff
- Position is based in our Linthicum, MD office
- Due to the nature of our work, remote work is not permitted for any of our employees, in any department
- Initial orientation and job training will occur during traditional work hours (i.e. 9a to 5p), M-F
- Once qualified, alternate schedules may be discussed (e.g. 11a to 7p or 10x4), provided the majority still overlaps traditional work hours for team coordination.