Job title: Sr. Python Developer
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Duration: 18+ months
Interview: Telephonic & Skype/F2F
Top 3 skills:
- Strong Python development skills with OOP experience (C#, C++, etc)
- Experience writing/exposing API's in python
- Experience coding from scratch with standard libraries, data structures and complex algorithms
Top Skills Needed:
- Python 3
- Services: REST/JSON
- Gitlab Pipelines a plus
- Tornado a plus
- MongoDb a plus
- Familiar with Blue / Green deployment model
- Unix/Linux nice to have
- Add features to an existing Python service using IBM MQ / SOA.
- Develop ETL services in Python where needed.
- Root cause analysis from logs for existing and future ETL batch processes, and real-time Services.
- Good working knowledge of Python 2 & 3, “Zen of Python”, Pep 8, and Python idioms.
- Knowledge of relevant Python libraries (sqlalchemy, cx_Oracle, pymqi, email.mime etc.)
- Oracle (or another RDBMS)
- Data transport approaches (MQ, REST, DTOs)
- Knowledge of transactions concepts (optimistic & pessimistic locking, deadlocks, etc.)
- Exposure to another programming language besides Python, preferably C#
- WPF experience a big plus.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills
- Work independently and manage one’s time.
- Thrive in a demanding environment with frequent releases
- Object Oriented Programming & Design.
- Multi-Threading experience (in Python and/or another language).
This role is an on-going role that involves continuous enhancements and upgrades. This team handles the Straight Through Process for the Client gateway. This team also writes software for trade floor and non-trade floor departments. Contractor needs to be a true developer willing to focus on writing coding, re-evaluating and work to automate processes to ensure on time delivery to users.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), or closely related field.
- Master’s in Computer Science or related degree.
Equal Employment Opportunity
“Reliable Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reliable Software does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.”