Please note I have direct access to the Hiring CTO on this position.
Compensation: Salary + 20% Bonus + Stock
Contract and Contract to Hire Available
Contract: $50-100+/hr. DOE 1099/C2C (6+ months)
Contract to Hire
Telecommuting 2-3 days/week
A leading financial services company in its niche is looking for Sr. and Mid/Jr. Level Python Developers. The company is publicly traded, has been systematically growing since inception over the past 20+ years due to growth and demand, realized $244+ million in net income, experienced 60% increase in stock price over the past 12 months and has 3,600+ employees (500+ IT staff).
The Sr. and Mid-Level Python Engineers will perform new development and enhancements of mission critical, scalable, high performance financial systems. The Python Engineers will:
- Perform full life cycle development with Python consisting of design, development and deployment of brand-new products from the ground up running in the Cloud and enhancements of existing systems.
- Developer financial, Predictive Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition systems
- The Python Developers will perform development in an Agile environment with short Sprints of brand new highly complex, fault tolerant, scalable systems utilizing Python 3.7 with Pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib and Sci-kit Learn Python libraries running PostgreSQL, DynamoDB and MySQL Databases. The 6 development teams are currently utilizing GitLab for CI/CD, AWS for deploying containerized applications and GIT for source control.
- Develop within an architecture that is based on the latest Python frameworks with NodeJS and ReactJS on the front end.
- Be exposed and become experts in an AWS development environment (SAAS, PAAS and IAAS) (experience w/cloud is NOT mandatory for the role).
- The CTO will personally groom a Sr. Level Developer into a Lead role in short time.
The Sr. and Mid-Level Python Engineers will report to the Development Manager.
- MUST HAVE 2-8+ years industry experience designing, building and enhancing high performance systems in Python
Experience with any of the following are only a Plus ( NOT mandatory):
- Any exposure to development within an AWS Cloud environment is only a plus
- Any experience with Machine Learning / ML or Pattern Recognition applications
- Any experience developing within a CI/CD environment (GitLab, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Any experience designing application architectures is a plus
- Any UAT, manual or automated testing experience with Selenium, Pytest, etc.
- BS and/or MS in CS, Engineering, Math, Physics or equivalent is a plus
The company offers 2-3 days/week telecommuting, flexible hours, full benefits (PPO & HMO) including dental and vision, matching 401K, 2 weeks PTO/Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Programs and casual dress code that all start upon employment.