Id: 179688 Location: Naperville, IL Job Type: Contract to Hire
We are seeking a Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst to design, develop, maintain, test and debug tests for software and applications. Determine the compatibility and impact of new programs on existing system tests and test plans; develop expertise in and assume responsibility for one or more specific system functions; formulate/define system scope and objectives; devise or modify tests to verify implementation of complex problems; to assume responsibility for project completion; and to provide guidance and training to junior colleagues.
• Become familiar with all aspects of the application including reports, parameters, claims management, intake services, carrier/client interfaces and vendor/business partner interfaces.
• Assume responsibility and develops expertise for a specific area of functionality of the application.
• Define and establish quality assurance procedures, standards, metrics reporting and auditing.
• Analyze user needs as required; lead in the design of tests to verify that end user needs have been met.
• Develop and maintain software test scripts and test plans to verify systems meet the specifications outlines in data processing requests.
• Assess requirements of insurance carriers and regulatory groups; lead in the design and development of tests to verify system software meets those requirements.
• Test and verify software; assists in testing projects for members of the programming staff.
• Prepare documentation for assigned projects and follow software release procedures.
• Assist in the professional growth of Quality Assurance Analyst I colleagues.
• Follow pre-established standards and guidelines as they pertain to design and development of tests and test plans.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current quality assurance tools and other technology advances.
• Deliver and maintain the highest quality of customer services to our clients.
• Support the organization's quality program(s).
• Travels as required.
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Knowledge of client/server applications and claims management systems
• Excellent project management skills
• High level of self-motivation
• Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
• Analytical and interpretive skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Seven (7) years of information technology/computer science experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required, including four (4) years of testing/quality assurance experience with two (2) years specialized experience with emphasis on interpreting user requirements, and development of business application tests required. Insurance industry experience preferred.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required. Information Systems or Computer Science major preferred.
Please submit qualified resumes to Allison Hutton at email@example.com or contact her at 614.467.1909