Location: Milpitas, CA, US, 95035
Email Resumes to: email@example.com
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges. Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
The NMS in Corning-SpiderCloud is responsible for software development of intelligent cellular/wireless LTE/5G network management and analytic applications. The team is looking for an EMS test engineer to help on automation and testing.
Scope of Position:
As a Senior QA Engineer in test, you will work closely with the Engineering team to develop, and execute sophisticated tests to validate and verify the network management, provisioning products.
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and focused individuals who have a real passion for quality engineering and have strong knowledge of product quality standards, automation and processes. You will be primarily responsible for testing of Network Management and Provisioning product lines.
Required Skills and Education:
• BS or MS (preferred) in Computer Science or comparable data model driven software application experiences
• Deep understanding of quality assurance techniques, frameworks and methodologies
• 3 to 5 years of solid hands-on QA experience
• Experience with management protocols such as SNMP, NetConf/Yang, TR-069, etc, and experience testing the FCAPS functionality
• Strong IP Networking skills to build, troubleshoot and maintain testbeds
• Hands on experience on test automation of APIs
• Develop and evolve test frameworks, tools, infrastructure, and CI systems. System/critical thinking and big picture mindset is important
• 2+ years of experience with Agile methodologies, worked in a fast-paced Agile development environment
• Good understanding of HTML and CSS fundamentals
• Comfortable with Linux
• Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS
• Excellent communication skills, high attention to detail and proven ability to use metrics to drive decisions
• A sense of ownership and a passion for delighting customers through innovation and creative solutions to complex problems
• Understand Data analytics and machine learning
This position supports immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Email Resume to: