TITLE: Sr. QA Engineer
As the Sr. QA Engineer for our North Plano based client you will work with Product, Engineering and Support teams collecting necessary information to ensure QA coverage, provide feedback on quality issues to develop effective QA coverage of multiple mobile and browser-based projects. Ideal candidate will have strong understanding of testing browser based applications/services (web applications, micro services, web services) in a Microsoft .NET environment, be able to work independently (not depend on development to tell you what to test) and have experience writing test cases from scratch. This is a Direct Hire position. Local candidates preferred. Our client is unable to sponsor.
Required Skills & Experience
- Should be able to work independently (not depend on development to tell you what to test) and have experience writing test cases from scratch.
- Strong understanding of testing browser based applications/services (web applications, micro services, web services) in a Microsoft .NET environment
- Solid experience in automation testing and frameworks build, modification, and support.
- Extensive web services/API testing experience and the ability to articulate how you used it (which parameters, what did you inject to break the service call, etc..)
- Experience testing web interfaces and going through logs to see what has happened (understand calls, data being transferred, utilize tools like bare tail or Splunk to aggregate logs)
- SQL experience to write queries and verify data
- A strong understanding of SW testing / QA processes. Must be well read and be well versed in various QA/testing techniques and disciplines. Must be able to use theory in real world applications.
- Well versed in black, gray and white box testing
- Experience in fast paced agile (SCRUM) environments,
- Comfortable working with strong product owners, developers and have the ability to not only effectively design and execute tests with good coverage, but justify the coverage under scrutiny.
Nice to Have
- Must have the ability to debug web application environments.
- Comfortable logging into Web/App servers, and determining why applications are not working via logs, event viewer, IIS configs, etc etc..
- Familiarity with APMs like New Relic a huge plus.
- Familiarity with micro services architecture on applications a huge plus...
BENEFITS of working for our Client:
- Growing, Dynamic, Collaborative Environment
- Excellent Medical and 401K with matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous PTO
- Excellent Far North Plano location