At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust.
That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual. We're strong and growing.
In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people.
We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business. We care.
We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law. What's the role?
The Sr. Quality Governance Specialist role reports to Enterprise Quality (EQ) - Governance Manager. This role is responsible for supporting testing compliance checks for IT development projects, infrastructure changes and for routine maintenance releases. This individual will participate in conducting QA governance audit of our Enterprise Quality standards and processes and will help to institutionalize our IT Quality & Testing Standards.
The Sr. Quality Governance Specialist will assist EQ Manager in the development of the testing and quality standards, educating teams on the quality standards, conducting governance checks. This role will also be responsible for assisting the stakeholders with correcting the identified non-compliance issues to ensure that we maintain high quality and high availability production system and services.
The Quality Assurance Lead will oversee multiple projects or teams of subject matter experts, will develop and strengthen internal/external relationships, establish cross-team partnerships to deliver on quality goals, maintain business continuity, and align enterprise releases to IT business objectives.Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
Your high-level milestones for the first year are the following:
- Participates in testing kickoff, project audit meetings according to planned dates with all responsible stakeholders from all the project phases
- Assist EQ Manager in conducting compliance checks for IT development projects, infrastructure changes and for routine maintenance releases
- Reviews and analyzes project deliverables and metrics regarding prescribed quality gate scorecards.
- Responsible for the verification across all project stages, ensuring work is of high quality and completed in a full and accurate manner.
- Assists Quality Governance Manager in delivering Compliance scorecard and audit results to the relevant stakeholders after each audit.
- Identify, collect, manage required data for measured SLAs and other project related metrics
- Assist teams with correcting the identified non-compliance issues to ensure that we maintain high quality and high availability production system and services by providing necessary guidance and coaching.
- Supporting project teams in developing status metrics and JIRA dashboards as needed
- Support the EQ Manager with creating audit scorecard and non-compliance report along with collecting evidence
- Assist EQ Manager in collecting and reporting compliance and quality metrics trending reports monthly.
- Utilize compliance and quality metrics to drive quality standard improvements as part of the regular continuous improvement efforts.
Desired Skills: The ideal skillset we are looking for should be: Minimum of 8 years of experience in Software Testing/Quality Assurance and 3 years as Test Lead Excellent knowledge of Software Testing, Quality Assurance, Governance, and Test Engineering Knowledge of test automation tools, Microsoft Office applications (like Excel, PowerPoint) and JIRA History of being a skilled governance analyst with previous maturity assessment capabilities to assist in the evaluation of enterprise test maturity is preferable Deep knowledge of structured software testing, agile concept, test engineering and quality assurance. Hands on experience with supporting test teams Hands on experience with the test maturity assessments. Experience with continuous improvement and root cause analysis techniques. Knowledge of IEEE, ISO and/or ISTQB testing standards. Six Sigma experience is a plus. Req ID:
- Within three months, attend Quality Compliance audit kickoff, begin reporting compliance results and analyze quality metrics trends for the enterprise
- Within six months present the impacts and test maturity improvements that have resulted from the governance framework and the compliance checks.
- Within one year, independently start conducting Quality Compliance audit under the guidance of EQ Manager
25915 Position Type:
Regular Full Time Education Experience:
Bachelor's Desired Employment Experience:
3-5 years Licenses/Certifications: FLSA Status:
Exempt Posting Date: