DISH Wireless is building a next-gen 5G network to disrupt the wireless industry and fuel innovation in transportation, health care, education, sustainability, city management, and agriculture.
We're driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - and we're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve. Join us as we embark on our greatest adventure of all.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH Wireless. What you will be doing
Reporting to the VP of Wireless, the RAN (Radio Access Network) Engineering Manager will be empowered to design and manage the nation's first Open RAN-compliant 5G network. This leader will partner with the Technology Development team to take O-RAN/3GPP-based radio equipment from development through field deployment. You will manage spectrum utilization, RF Design strategy and RAN configuration, and are ultimately responsible for RAN performance in the field. In this role, you will:
- Lead and influence team members in RAN decisions
- Execute strategic plans to achieve operational targets and business objectives through managing and coordinating the overall Radio Access Network
- Develop RF and RAN designs to make optimal use of DISH spectrum and meet network cost and performance objectives; Develop RAN metrics and KPIs
- Provide second-tier support to Operations to resolve network issues
- Offer input to the budget and capacity planning teams
- Perform complex research and analysis of market, technology, standards, customer requirements and competitor trends
- Prepare RAN specifications for new and/or enhanced products
- Organize and lead technical discussions with customers, including use cases, network characteristics, services and features, dimensioning and capacity analysis based on end-user behavior and applications, transport, KPIs, etc.
The successful candidate will bring a passion for working on new technologies in a fast-paced and evolving environment. He or she will be able to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization. This individual will have 10+ years of related experience involving the engineering and operations of telecommunications technologies in the area of RAN solutions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Substantial RAN experience from sales and solutions in the industry, ideally with 5G
- Ability to work and lead in a highly matrixed organization within a collaborative environment
- Strong background building internal relationships across functions to ensure a success
- Proven ability to collaborate with and influence, without direct management responsibility, a team of sales and systems engineering professionals to develop, execute sales strategies and drive sales growth
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science/Engineering; MBA is a plus
Compensation: $99,900.00/Yr. - $157,725.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.