Please review the job details below.
Maxar is seeking a Sr. Radar System Design Engineer to join our Sensor Programs team in Ypsilanti, MI that develops specialized, innovative new sources of geospatial data, analytic methods, software and engineering services. Our work transforms how customers support global mapping and intelligence missions at scale, revealing unique information and insights. We contribute to integrated space solutions that solve our customers most complex problems by harnessing and applying disruptive technologies.
What will you be doing?
- Providing leadership or expertise to a multi-disciplinary team in the innovation, development, and evaluation of advanced capability radar systems.
- Opportunities to work with, mentor, and learn from community experts while developing innovative new systems.
- Performing requirements analysis, system modelling, development, verification, and testing, ensuring system requirement satisfaction.
- Developing, enhancing and utilizing toolsets to generate, manipulate and test system data.
- Take on increasing ownership and maturation of complex models used to design, test and optimize system performance.
- Current/active Top Secret clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math or related technology fields with 8 yrs of relevant experience; or
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math or related technology fields with 5 yrs of relevant experience
- Strong programming skills (C++, C, MATLAB, Python, or similar).
- Current TS/SCI.
- SAR or other radar system design and development experience a plus.
#cjpostMaxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.