POSITION PURPOSE: The purpose of this role is to provide global cross-company process/application guidance and support for all Logistics and Order Fulfillment processes focusing on Order to Cash and Transportation Management areas. Functional accountability includes partnering with the related business units and building service and tool portfolios to drive business growth.
This position requires the techno-functional background to understand our solutions and communicate status, issues, mitigate risks, and support the functional area across all stakeholders to deliver successfully. Additionally, being able to work collaboratively with the business in driving operational excellence and efficiency is essential.
DUTIES, TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in an IT center of expertise for business technology solutions, supporting global standards, processes and common solutions across the enterprise.
- Serve as internal consultancy to the business and the primary IT contact point, partnering together to help innovate and improve the OWI bottom line.
- Identify opportunities to establish joint IT & functional programs that develop and/or deploy new global capabilities.
- Execute on project and release plans, adhering to schedules to ensure timely completion and implementation of projects.
- Understand business objectives, research, and provide guidance, options and proof of concepts (if appropriate) to solve business technology needs.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current and emerging technologies/capabilities in the Order to Cash and Logistics areas.
- Evaluate product releases and identify new capabilities benefiting OWI, as well as a strategy for implementing those capabilities.
- Serve as a key support resource for escalated production support issues.
- Ensure quality project deliverables and timely issue resolution.
- Utilize proper testing and documentation techniques to ensure successful delivery of project and support work.
- Prepare and audit Functional Specifications, Documentation and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Develop training documents and deliver end-user training.
- Document and coordinate project go-live activities and provide post-project hypercare support.
- Implement tools to meet OWI functional reporting strategy.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience.
- 7+ years' experience in an SAP-centric Order to Cash or Transportation and Logistics environment demonstrating highly competent abilities in standard software development life cycle management and project management techniques and methodologies.
- Experience with system management processes, business requirements gathering, solution design and configuration, and user acceptance testing.
- Experience creating business process diagrams including business process procedures as necessary
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Strong active listening skills and the ability to translate needs, concerns and solutions across functional and stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated creativity balanced with practicality to meet business objectives and team needs.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in SAP S/4 HANA.
- Experience in SAP SD/LE modules, preferably with a focus in the following:
- Order Management
- Delivery processing and fulfillment
- Available to Promise (ATP)
Experience in SAP TM, preferably with a focus in the following:
- Rate and Contract Management
- Operational Planning
- Transportation Execution
- Fleet Management
- Freight Settlement
Experience in the following preferred, but not required:
- SAP WM
- Business Warehouse
About the Company:
Peterson Technology Partners (PTP) has been Chicago's premier Information Technology (IT) staffing, consulting, and recruiting firm for over 22+ years. Named after Chicago's historic Peterson Avenue, PTP has built its reputation by developing lasting relationships, leading digital transformation, and inspiring technical innovation throughout Chicagoland
Based in Park Ridge, IL, PTP's 250+ employees have a narrow focus on a single market (Chicago) and expertise in 4 innovative technical areas;
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning/Data Science
- Robotics/Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Cyber/Data/Information Security
PTP exists to ensure that all of our partners (clients and candidates alike) make the best hiring and career decisions.
Connect: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | All Social Links
Review: Google | Glassdoor | Yelp | All Review Links
Listen: iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher | All Podcast Links
Apply: Stack Overflow | Dice | LinkedIn | Glassdoor | All Job Openings
Peterson Technology Partners is an equal opportunity employer.