Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
In Schwab Cybersecurity Services (SCS), Office of CISO, we provide platforms, services, and security operations capabilities which enable the firm to produce successful client and shareholder outcomes securely and safely. Securing our IT assets, data, and access to applications is the core of who we are and what we do. We ensure only the appropriate entities have access to IT resources and that we adhere to best practices and standards to ensure a safe and compliant environment is maintained.
Identity and Access Management (IAM) has an opening for a Senior Staff, SDET (Quality Assurance QA) Engineer. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills who can contribute in a highly collaborative culture and Agile team environment. The ability to deliver innovative and reliable solutions is key to success in this role. The Sr. QA Engineer is responsible for test estimates, test strategies, test automation and scripts, functional and regression testing for large, complex IAM platforms including Provisioning/De-provisioning, Directory, Highly Privileged Accounts, Access Governance, Authentication, Single Sign On, Analytics, API Management and Certifications.
What you’ll do:
- Perform user story and overall system verification in an Agile development environment.
- Develop test plans, test cases and analyze test coverage for IAM tools (such as Sailpoint, Oracle Identity, Aveksa, Siteminder, ect.).
- Perform exploratory testing.
- Defines and implements effective risk mitigation strategies for all testing-related risks.
- Develops and reviews QA test plans to ensure major milestones, dependencies and critical paths are defined, as well as applying risk-based testing principles where appropriate.
- Implement test practices, standards and processes, troubleshoot test issues, record test results, track and prioritize defects, participate in product readiness and release decisions.
- Make sure the automation is well defined and being constantly analyzed, reporting on failure promptly.
- Be effective in participating at program, project and product related levels.
- Participate in technical governance and help negotiate overall product quality standards with development and business teams.
- Work cross-organizationally both within Schwab and with external vendors, both on and offshore to define environment requirements, identify QA-related tools, develop and execute QA process and testing best practices.
- Ongoing, continuous improvement in testing efficiency and effectiveness through the use of innovative QA practices and tools, and close collaboration with the development and business organizations.
- Acts as the escalation point for all testing related issues.
- Obtains agreements on cross domain defect tracking and resolution working with QA lead and offshore team
- Participates in Design Reviews, Requirements Ambiguity & Use Case Reviews, directs the test automation activities of the team, and complete Root Cause Analysis for any defect slippages.
- Provides overall QA status reporting and escalate issues/risks in a timely manner to Management and assist in resolution.
- Consults with business partners when needed for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) advice and counsel.
What you have:
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related degree
- 5+ years of QA experience with medium to large/complex projects with multiple dependencies
- 5+ years of experience in QA automation and/or development using Selenium.
- 5 + years of experience in Java, C# or any OO languages. ( and/or Ruby, Python)
- Direct experience working on Identity and Access Management (IAM) technologies
- Strong technology affinity and experience, as well as attention to detail & the ability to design, execute & maintain QA strategic goals & metrics
- Experience with understanding and evangelizing Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development and Pair programming
- Prior experience with Agile (Scrum/XP) processes in planning, implementation and support of business application components, including change & release management
- Broad and deep knowledge of IT/software technology & trends
- Strong knowledge and experience in test automation strategies, software development, testing, maintenance and support
- Highly desirable experience with tools that support CI/CD to include Atlassian suite of products: JIRA, Confluence and Test automation experience using Selenium and Zephyr.
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences, both oral and written is required
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision-making and conflict resolution skills
- Self-starter; takes initiative and can work independently
- Well-organized and disciplined with high attention to detail. Flexible and adaptable working with various business domains
You demonstrate these behaviors:
Innovative: Defines a compelling vision of the future, and develops breakthrough ideas, whether big or small, that support that vision
Exceptional Communicator: Communicates clearly, authentically, and persuasively
Delivers Results: Delivers positive results regardless of circumstances, utilizing the right mix of analysis, judgment, agility and urgency
Emotionally Mature: Demonstrates strong self-awareness and ability to adjust to the emotion & drive of others; embraces others’ perspectives and recognizes limits of own point of view
Overcomes Barriers: Takes responsibility for addressing obstacles that hinder our people and our business
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
|Languages:||English - spoken|
|Current Licenses / Certifications:||None|
|Relevant Work Experience:||IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-6+ yrs|
|Position Located In:||TX - Austin, AZ - Phoenix, TX - Westlake|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Activation Date: Friday, April 26, 2019
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 29, 2019 Apply Here