Pleasanton, CA Description:
Our client is currently seeking a Sr. SQL/Server Production Data Services DBA to work on-site in Pleasanton, CA.For immediate consideration email resumes/applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will help design secure, scalable and high performing databases. You will be part of the team driving the transformation from private data centers into the AWS cloud. Bring your skills to the current space and have the opportunity to adapt and propel the change needed in our database tiers to move to cloud offerings. Be a driving strength in our exciting transformation to DevOps Database engineering; adopting infrastructure as code, hands off management and deployment of our cloud enabled data platform. This job will have the following responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Maintain the health and performance of all databases running in a virtual environments in private and public cloud.
- Handle connectivity, access control, high availability, replication, storage, patching and upgrades for all data systems.
- Deep performance tuning covering database internals on index, statistics, query plan optimization, locking, wait interfaces, use of DMVs for diagnostics and driving improvements,
- Develop reports for performance and capacity reviews.
- Populating test and development environments with data
- Partner with business and engineering teams to define, design, develop, test, and deploy system improvements and feature releases.
- Participating in a global on call rotation and weekly release & maintenance windows.
We need you to have 5+ years' experience with
SQL Server administration (2008-2016)
Database and system internals and performance tuning
SQL Server development covering SQL & T-SQL code
Scripting in PowerShell, shell, Python or Perl.
B.Sc. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
As well as:
Experience with databases in high performance, multi-user web applications.
Focus, passion and dedication to find simple solutions to complex problems.
Great energy and enthusiasm with a positive, collaborative working style, clear communication and writing skills.
Ability to collaborate and operate in an Agile environment.
Proficient in Microsoft SQL Server (2008, 2016, 2017) and applying capabilities to business problems.
Proven experience in database design for performance, security and scalability.
Proficient in writing efficient, well documented SQL and shell scripts.
Strong experience working with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
Extra credit if you have:
Experience with Linux and open source software.
Experience with MongoDB, Postgres and Redis
Public cloud (AWS) experienceContact: email@example.com
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com