A direct client of Atrilogy Solutions Group is looking to add a Sr. SQL Database Administrator
to their team in Newport, CA
on a Full Time Direct Hire
basis. The Sr. SQL DBA is responsible for providing technical and organizational leadership for the enterprise's database environment including overseeing the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies and providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities facing the enterprise. Details
- Position will require an "On-Call" shift which is shared on a weekly basis between this role and the other SQL DBA
- "Always on Availability" experience is a must.
- Purely Administration role, will collaborate with development, but will do none themselves
- Responsible for monitoring customer facing databases and ensuring 24x7x365 uptime within our internal SLA of 99.99% with on call responsibility.
- Responsible for identifying optimization opportunities within customer facing databases.
- Responsible for capacity management and capacity planning of database resources.
- Responsible for maintaining the security integrity of database services and systems which support the various operating units of the enterprise.
- Provides leadership during the development and enhancement of the enterprise's production applications including working with application development and technical operations teams during the design, development and implementation of applications.
- Maintain and update documentation on database related procedures and configurations.
- Perform change management of database systems following the companies defined change management policies.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server, with a minimum of 3 years in highly transactional / OLTP environment.
- Experience with administration of Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (SQL Server 2017 is a +).
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server tools.
- Experience with Always-On Availability groups.
- Experience with Windows Clustering.
- Experience with high availability / mission critical operations.
- Candidate must have extensive enterprise level experience designing and implementing database systems.
- Strong background in installation and configuration of SQL Server database technology in a development and DBA capacity, including but not limited to data back-up and restore, debugging, optimizing, software patch applications, defragmenting and replacing of databases.
- Data modeling skills preferred.
- Strong communication, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management requirements gathering and analytical skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA's, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
- All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
- Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
- Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation's fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.